Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical card application.

• 23-05-2020 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Medical card question.
    I will be 70 in six weeks time .
    Do I have to wait until after my birthday to apply for a medical card or can I get the ball rolling now to cut out any delay . I know there is a means test involved.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

me4many wrote: »
    Medical card question.
    Do I have to wait until after my birthday to apply for a medical card or can I get the ball rolling now to cut out any delay . I know there is a means test involved.
    Thanks.

https://www2.hse.ie/file-library/medical-cards/over-70s-medical-card-application-form-english.pdf

Fire this one off to them as soon as your ready. Biggest delay is people not signing it would you believe! When you’ve got it all filled up and all the bits and pieces together you can photo copy the whole lot and keep the copy safe but send the original. Job will be oxo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Kiwi John

Medical card question.
    Thanks.

Make sure you put in as much detail as you can,any 1 off bank deposit for example will require an explanation.
    They seem to keep wanting more details and each time you get a letter asking for more details you are back to the start time wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

Paper applications can result in delays, or applications being lost, but at least they won't return the application to you just because you haven't quite reached 70.

Online applications are more reliable and quicker. However, the online system won't allow you to submit it before your 70th birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Medical card question.
    Thanks.

Send it in now. They set the application to ' on hold until 70th Birthday' on the computer, better off getting it all in now as it can take 2 weeks to show up on their system sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭me4many

Send it in now. They set the application to ' on hold until 70th Birthday' on the computer, better off getting it all in now as it can take 2 weeks to show up on their system sometimes

Thanks you all for replies above...
    I'll get working on that now..
    Tks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement