Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for ferns

Options
  • 01-10-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey ya. I am buying a house just outside for ferns and am wondering does anyone know what the best option would be to get fingers crossed 10-15mb as I would love to get iptv in the house

Any help is much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I'm not too far from Ferns and use Regional Broadband and am very happy with them (think I'm getting 50mb, usually running Netflix on several tv's without issue. I don't know where they have their receivers though (it's line of sight radio)

I think Whizzy and Rocket also operate in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ferns has fibre broadband but I'm not sure how far outside it that the network covers. Eir has a checker on it's website where you can find out using eircode etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

You can use the eir map to see if you're going to be covered by fibre-

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Deise boii wrote: »
    Hey ya. I am buying a house just outside for ferns and am wondering does anyone know what the best option would be to get fingers crossed 10-15mb as I would love to get iptv in the house

Any help is much appreciated

They are in the middle of bringing out fibre into rural areas outside Ferns now. It might be worth having a look at the fibre rollout website again.

You can also look here as well.

If you are unsure, you can send me your eircode and I'll have a look and if you're not covered, I am currently on a WISP serving the Ferns area. The broadband is definitely reliable enough for IPTV as I have neighbours with it. I am not sure if they are taking people on anymore though as the contention ratio seems to be very good. My package is 15Mb and I usually get very close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some areas have gone live already,Tombrack went live last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Deise boii

Does anyone know has Kilthomas gotten it yet I have regional broadband it's enough for iptv once the Ethernet is connected

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

It's in Kilthomas, anywhere with a dark blue dot on this map outside of the main village has it.

Advertisement