Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~NEW~ シークレットサンタ2015! [ハ

• 10-11-2015 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

christomise.png

Ah yes, the most wonderful time of the year is almost upon us. That one time of year where you can stuff your face with food and not get horrified looks from innocent bystanders. That one time of year where it's acceptable to have a romantic rendezvous with Susan from accounts at the office Christmas party after 7 bottles of cheap plonk. That one time of year where you can finally get that copy of Lee Carvallo's putting challenge you never wanted from weird uncle Jim. And of course with it brings the return of the ever successful A&R secret Santa!

What's all this secret Santa lark then?

If you're unfamiliar with the concept it's an anonymous gift exchange (not the kind you'd find in a dodgy personal) in which you get a gift for a selected recipient and receive one in return from your secret Santa. Being the Arcade & Retro forum the gifts are, naturally, of the arcade and/or retro flavour. It's usually a bit of fun and an excellent way of offloading those copies of rise of robots you've been stockpiling.

Wow sounds amazeballs! How do I take part?

Simple! Post in this thread whether you'd like to participate and I'll throw all the names into a hat* and match you up with a Santa. Please post your interest before the 16/11/15 ( 1 week as of this post) in order to allow time for gift buying and posting.

But wait! There's more! Participate now and receive this fabulous set of steak knives worth €12.99!

The gift exchange usually takes part at the (TBA) Christmas beers. Should you be unable to attend the beers please PM me your address so I can forward it on to marketing companies for a tidy profit send it to your Santa in order for he/she to post your gift out to you. I'd also ask for you to include in your post some gift ideas for your Santa. Nothing specific, just systems you may collect for or genres you enjoy. For example if your an avid CDi collector please mention that so you can be banned immediately from this forum. As Christmas can cost mucho $ there is a suggested gift limit of €15-20 and handmade gifts are more than welcome.

So from myself and all the team here at my house (me) have a lovely Christmas and happy present hunting!

*hat may actually be a Tupperware container and is subject to change.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm in of course.
    I have a Backloggery Wishlist but feel free to get other things I don't have on there that isn't something I already own. Ask Atavan to ask me about regions of its needed.
    Wouldn't say no to game OSTs or handmade stuff, I'd love it. Anything Sonic or has a frog is good too (except Crazy Frog who is not one of my people).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm in too. First year to do this, don't know why I didn't do it last year.

I'm pretty big into SNES stuff (all regions), my Dreamcast appreciation has grown the last while too. Genres would be run and gun, boss level games etc. Anything to do with Castlevania or Zelda I'm definitely into as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm in, and sorry to what ever poor fecker gets landed with me buying them a pressie, the tight git that I am

As for what I'd like...
    Anything once it's not
    giphy.gif
    or
    giphy.gif

Is this your last year Atavan, seeing as you'll be in Canada next year :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Christ that's a gif of Revenge of Death Adder, that game is amazing and makes Batman Returns look like a simplistic piece of thrash.

BTW I'd be in too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Christ that's a gif of Revenge of Death Adder, that game is amazing and makes Batman Returns look like a simplistic piece of thrash.

BTW I'd be in too!

Thrash?
    tumblr_nsatz942Zk1s9ymy6o1_400.gif
    or
    Trash?
    trash-can-o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haven't partaken with you lovely lot before, so count me in! :)

SNES/GBA mostly for me retro game wise, mostly things Nintendo-y for other stuff/merch wise.

I take it we will be doing to do in mine, for our Xmas Beers? Postal for those who can't make it?
    I'll have to come up with a date for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Is this your last year Atavan, seeing as you'll be in Canada next year :eek:

It will indeed! #totesemosh

I'm also in. Gift wise I like my racing games, imports and Pokemon stuff!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it has any questionably content then I'm game ;)

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention since I probably won't be at the beers I'll have to post my gift and vice versa.

In terms of gift, I'm a big fan of blast processing

Going to start drawing names in a couple of hours so last chance to enter!

Can you PM Sparks, let him know?
    He usually goes in

Can you PM Sparks, let him know?
    He usually goes in

Yep will do

Ok so names are drawn. I'll hold out on PMs until tomorrow just in case sparks gets back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

If he gets back to you too late I'll bring something for Sparks Jr. so they're not left out, just lemme know if they're going on the night (you'll probably know Ciderman)

I just want to say, to all of you, I like pwesents.
    That is all.

Ok, PMs are incoming!

Hooray for PMS!

Thanks a million to my secret Santa for the Xmas goodies... Particularly the playboy mansion game :)

I hope my secret Santa doesn't mind having to wait a bit, I just have not been able to get out of work to post anything all month (except my week... When I left it in Sligo) but it's all packaged and ready to go.

• Advertisement

I have nothing :(
    giphy.gif

I hope my secret Santa doesn't mind having to wait a bit, I just have not been able to get out of work to post anything all month (except my week... When I left it in Sligo) but it's all packaged and ready to go.

The one for mine was delayed, but has just been received earlier today by PM, so should have it soon and get it posted ASAP!

Sent my present for Secret Santa out last Friday, just wanted to check to see if it arrived.

Mine arrived anyway, dont know who its from but thanks :)

Mine arrived anyway, dont know who its from but thanks :)

Almost forgot about this thread. Who got what then?

I
    Am
    Bereft
    :(

I
    Am
    Bereft

220312_i_know_that_feel_bro_1.jpg

Well someone's will be sent very late, as in tomorrow.... I forgot to bring the bloody thing home to post it but I'm taking lunch off tomorrow to post the damn thing!

Well someone's will be sent very late, as in tomorrow.... I forgot to bring the bloody thing home to post it but I'm taking lunch off tomorrow to post the damn thing!

Same :o

• Advertisement

My secret Santa finally arrived, and on the birthday too, a twofer!
    And most awesome it is too!
    OSbAHAXm.jpg

Not my pic, but mine was one of these:
    14e46b7eaba2e712cc1a070807a0bb6d.jpg
    That's a bar of soap, not a cart! :D

Wait, am I smelly? D:

There were a few teeny Ninty characters, a keyring and a moustache badge, along with a few sweets.
    The sweets didn't survive the journey from the post collection centre to the house...

Advertisement