Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SNK Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition from Funstock is £99.99

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

There were a few threads on it a good while back and the general consensus was that it was crap and not worth the money.

Have a look at this before you spend your hard earned:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80218669
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82056117

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't do it!!
    Use you're noggin!
    Buy an MVS motherboard, a Supergun and a cart or two.
    It'll cost a little bit more to start with but you'll be infinitely happier, I promise!
    Also, you could get a 88 in 1 cart for the MVS with mostly everything you could want on it.
    No crappy emulation needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks for that... and, not going to buy it.. :D:o
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    There were a few threads on it a good while back and the general consensus was that it was crap and not worth the money.

Have a look at this before you spend your hard earned:

[VIDEO]

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80218669
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82056117
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't do it!!
    Use you're noggin!
    Buy an MVS motherboard, a Supergun and a cart or two.
    It'll cost a little bit more to start with but you'll be infinitely happier, I promise!
    Also, you could get a 88 in 1 cart for the MVS with mostly everything you could want on it.
    No crappy emulation needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I got the deluxe version with everything included.
    It sucks donkey b***s

Thank God I didn't buy it..

I have tons of junk in it's own special junk room. Not neccesarily expensive or overpriced, but mostly all in their original boxes or sitting beside.... :o
    I don't think that room can handle any more cr@p..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Same here thank god I seen this thread.Now to find an mvs board:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It shouldn't be too hard, they're out there.
    Folk here put them up from time to time on the Marketplace.
    Pick up a Supergun and the other components in the mean time,
    The Supergun model and control options, some use Neo Geo Controllers, some use a Megadrive pad, some let you wire a controller of your own design.
    ATX power supply
    Pick up a MVS multi cart to start out, or your favourite Neogeo game cart, MVS again.
    It's really well worth it, and if you pick up a cheap cab in the future, like the one Mitch had up, you can easily transfer the MVS board into it and sell off the Supergun and PSU.

It shouldn't be too hard, they're out there.
    Folk here put them up from time to time on the Marketplace.
    Pick up a Supergun and the other components in the mean time,
    The Supergun model and control options, some use Neo Geo Controllers, some use a Megadrive pad, some let you wire a controller of your own design.
    ATX power supply
    Pick up a MVS multi cart to start out, or your favourite Neogeo game cart, MVS again.
    It's really well worth it, and if you pick up a cheap cab in the future, like the one Mitch had up, you can easily transfer the MVS board into it and sell off the Supergun and PSU.
    Cheers cider.I built a mame cab a few years ago but was never happy with emulation.I just built a custom high end pc and still not happy with emulation on that running a 290x and i7 4770k.I sold my aes a few year ago to a guy on here and regretted it since..Iv my eyes peeled for an mv1b but I'll take any good board I can source tbh.I would love an original mvs cab and have been looking but god hard to source.Import looks the only option and I can imagine shipping rates won't be to wallet friendly.I plan on building a shed soon in the rear garden and put a cab in there out of the wife's field of view.For now I'm happy to go supergun route.

Just picked up an mv1b and that yellow 161 in 1 cart from fleabay.Its a start.Looking into buying one of bandits infamous superguns also.Should i go arcade psu or atx psu?

I'm not the expert but it's probably up to you.
    However the arcade psu has adjustable voltages which might be handy with arcade boards sensitive to such things.

• Advertisement

I'm not the expert but it's probably up to you.
    However the arcade psu has adjustable voltages which might be handy with arcade boards sensitive to such things.

Cheers cider thanks for the info..

OOOOGHHODDD.........

I ordered it. Damn my crud memory. :o:(:mad::o:(:mad::o
    I just saw it on the same website for €114 delivered...

Boards wasn't alive, so i bit before they ran out....

Luckily, I just cancelled.. Painless enough. "Money will take up to 24 hour before you see it back in your account".....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just as well I spotted this! Thanks Allyall ;)

Advertisement