Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads-up For PSIO Followers

Options
  • 23-11-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Pre-orders go live at midday this coming Wednesday.

http://ps-io.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Relikk wrote: »
    Pre-orders go live at midday this coming Wednesday.

http://ps-io.com/

The time of year they pick, do they not realise I'm broke! :D I wonder if this will be a product with continuous availability, or if it'll be like the GDEMU...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Pretty sure you can play PS one games off the HDD on a PS2 so not sure if this is a must have or a really nice to have...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty sure you can play PS one games off the HDD on a PS2 so not sure if this is a must have or a really nice to have...

Nope only PS2 games can be played off the HDD afaik.

You can with PS2PSXe , seems to emulation of some sort so you're probably better off with the PSIO solution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can with PS2PSXe , seems to emulation of some sort so you're probably better off with the PSIO solution.

Looks like it's based off of ePSXe which is a fairly awful PS1 emulator despite it's popularity. I'd imagine it's even worse running on a PS2.

• Advertisement

Might be sh1te but you can still use it to play from the HDD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I don't need this but on the other hand I want it. Breath new life into the old girl. Any excuse for a game of point blank, trying to play the games with scratched discs is not much fun. The wife was only asking what to get me for Xmas the other day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks cool but I just bought 3 data discs vinyls so I'm broke this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

No price announced yet I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

$150 AUD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Relikk wrote: »
    $150 AUD

Thanks!

Interestingly there was an official Sony PS1 Emulator for the PS2 called POPS-00001 that leaked onto the web 2 years ago: :)

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/testing-out-pops-00001-on-ps2-need-help-on-patinfo-kelf.44087/

Its strange how much the PS2's hard drive was so underused, seems like a waste of time for Sony putting that expansion port in there beside Net gaming.

The Xbox took full advantage of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Doge wrote: »
    Thanks!

Interestingly there was an official Sony PS1 Emulator for the PS2 called POPS-00001 that leaked onto the web 2 years ago: :)

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/testing-out-pops-00001-on-ps2-need-help-on-patinfo-kelf.44087/

Its strange how much the PS2's hard drive was so underused, seems like a waste of time for Sony putting that expansion port in there beside Net gaming.

The Xbox took full advantage of theirs.

POPS was Sony derived to play a few downloadable ps1 titles, a few being all that was ever available. You can leverage it using the HDD OSD setup but it requires each ISO to be setup and tied to POPS, resulting in only one game allowable on the HDD per time.
    It plays great but its not convenient at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

POPS was also the codename of the PSP emulator for running PS1 titles too, so it's presumably the same codebase.

Advertisement