Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 6ft gate with a sty built in?

Options
  • 28-03-2020 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

I just wondering if such an item can be bought a gate with access for humans in it for a right of way as opposed to gate been left open by visitors

I may have to look at getting something made but maybe someone know of a company making such a product

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

If there's a small bit spare to one side, a kissing gate might work best?
    Stiles are very uncommon around this area but I think they're lovely, so quaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

If there's a small bit spare to one side, a kissing gate might work best?
    Stiles are very uncommon around this area but I think they're lovely, so quaint.

I never knew what a kissing gate was but I do now !! They wouldn’t work as I’d like to be able to open it fully to put stock through it also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sonnybill wrote: »
    I never knew what a kissing gate was but I do now !! They wouldn’t work as I’d like to be able to open it fully to put stock through it also

You would usually install the kissing gate beside your normal stock gate.

Any good metal work place could make one.

This company make stiles, there are other companies.

http://www.signiatec.ie/products/fixed-platform-stiles.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What about a 2nd rsg about a foot from the hanging post so you could squeeze in by turning sideway's but it would prevent cattle from exiting

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

cute geoge wrote: »
    What about a 2nd rsg about a foot from the hanging post so you could squeeze in by turning sideway's but it would prevent cattle from exiting

Yes that’s what I’m thinking bow also, 6 ft 9 opening to work with , so maybe a 5ft gate and a middle post like a galvo pipe that I could pull up if required also

• Advertisement
Advertisement