Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiccan group in Galway City

Options
  • 24-08-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently started researching into Wicca and Paganism after seeing "A Very British Witchcraft" on tv. It's something i've always been interested in but am now reading Uncle Bucky's Big Blue book! I live in Galway city with no car so I was wondering if there were any meet ups in the city itself. I know there was one moot listed in Headford outside the city, am not sure its still on but would need one closer. Would love to have others to talk and learn from. Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I can't tell you too much about wicca, as it's not my own path, but some others here may be able to. What sort of things are you looking to find out about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Anything and everything to be honest. I'd like to know what specific groups are in my area. I found a Galway page on facebook that i've asked for information, just waiting to hear back.

I'm not aware of any groups, but then I haven't really been looking for any either. If you've any questions about Asatru, those I can at least take a shot at answering for you :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you've any questions about Asatru, those I can at least take a shot at answering for you :)

What did Odin whisper into Baldur's ear?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭CuAnnan

Tabnabs wrote: »
    What did Odin whisper into Baldur's ear?
    It is my, admittedly poor, understanding that the point of that particular passage is that nobody knows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

CuAnnan wrote: »
    It is my, admittedly poor, understanding that the point of that particular passage is that nobody knows.

Exactly, it's a little 'in' joke. :)

I'm afraid the All-Father and I aren't that close that he reveals secrets like that to me :)

Ah sure, he's only interested in the dead anyway. Bloody psychopomps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

So there is a pagan moot next tuesday (1st of October) in the House Hotel, Galway. From 7. There will be some witchy chat and teas about Samhain plus a lovely talk by Pol O Corcrain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

CuAnnan wrote: »

John Moriarty wrote a lot about that stuff, I have most of his books.
    Not sure whether its Invoking Ireland or Night Journey to Budhh Gaia

Advertisement