Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold throughout the coming week.Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nah WC im a realist.Its not that i dont want it to snow,i do.But you have to face full facts here and not what some precip chart tells you.
    Honest to good God i am looking at my console and any time the wind swings east the temp lifts a point of a degree.Thats a 5mph wind speed at that.
    The air is crisp and dry with Hum at 62% and DP -1.9c.Will rise in the onset of cloud which is the obvious and norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowbie wrote:
    Use inlanders and the two highlanders better provide some decent snaps.

Ha! - Digi cam is charged and ready to go!!

BTW - Have a look at my weather station today. Could very well end up with a negative mean temp.

http://www.arctictree.com/weather

A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/90_30.gif

Round 2 on Saturday:D :D (subject to upgardes)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I keep humming this song in my head....

http://www.discogs.com/release/721754

Side A of this 7" release, may not be that many here who know it, tis a tad old :D

Snowbie wrote:
    If Met Eireann have not called for snow yet its because theres no need for it,its only there profession.

Still think there be no snow on east facing coasts.
    Now my reason for saying this is because of the last hour i have been watching my thermometer drop from 6.1 to 4.7c with a gentle North wind blowing and in the last 15mins it has swung into an NNE to East direction and is stuck at 4.6c. and rising to 4.7 again.
    My old foe the Irish sea keeping us nice and warm.

I seriously cant see any snow falling here or on the coasts.
    Mines at 3.6c now and a -1c dp (peaking at 5.1c briefly earlier) with a stiff 5 to 10mph NE off the sea all day.
    Thats going to be maybe 30 mph late wenesday night into thursday with a wind run sourced off GB where temps will be -4 to -8c.

Given that this will be coming at night,DP's will be key and air temps dare not go above 3c-I fear they might.

Interestingly the M2 buoy has been no more that 4 c or so all day with negative dew points so that bodes well for Dublin.

Me though,I am very borderline here in South Wicklow and won't be surprised if I wake up to the infamous sleety rain thursday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Its not beyond possible that there will be a few snow flurries this evening in some eastern areas as winds swing to the east tonight.. Probably will mean the frost wont be as severe too ;)

Did you not see the snow this morning?Flurries but snow fell

Snowbie wrote:
    Did you not see the snow this morning?Flurries but snow fell
    No! Saw the shower over Howth though and knew it would have snow on it!

You get some ???

Bugger all but what ever flake that fell,stuck.Noticed a few falling on my decking,well you could count them on yer right hand how many flakes.But i did go to howth summit and a slight dusting up there.

I think i know how things are going to work on Thursday..

I bet this... wake up snow beginning to fall beginning to stick.. i have to head into my mocks for a 3 hour and 20 minute exam.. arrive outside and the rain is just melting the snow away!!!:o

UKM delays the snow... not arriving till AM Thursday across Dublin.. but snow and lots of it.. :D

• Advertisement

Latest UKMO puts us straight in the firing line for snow and the max temps on Thursday show this. Look at the temps in the Irish sea. This is 1pm on Thursday.

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/U48-580.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Going to Brussels tomorrow pm and Thursday - any chance of snow over there ? Getting varying reports on web

Okay the Met will simply HAVE to forecast this event for Thursday.. It is priming up to be the most significant snowfall in many years.. in what has been a snowless mild winter, we are not prepared..

After my French exam tomorrow i'm going set up some 30cms rulers around the garden! Get some snaps for the befor/after collection:D

I have my new digi camera and all!

Thursday in Brussels will see possibly some rain preceded by snow in the early afternoon but milder air pushing through with temps back up to 7c by evening..;)

If your not going to study,we might aswel help you along here.
    Ok how many CMs in an Inch?
    French paper:Whats the capital of France?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

:d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gentlemen (and ladies......if there are any ladies here, are there?)............charge your batteries :D, clear those memory cards and have thos camera's on standby, so that in the coming years if anyone says 'so.....I heard there was snow back in 2007' we can bombard them with pics, videos....the whole shebang! :eek:

Who'll be first to get a PROPER snow pic in the new pic thread??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Met.ie at 16:20
    Wet weather becoming widespread Wednesday night or Thursday and with the temperatures low there's likely to be some falls of snow for while. Frost and fog for Thursday night and early Friday with some rain or sleet in places mainly Northern places. For Friday and the weekend its still looking unsettled and it'll feel chilly.

Anyone hear the ramp on RTE radio by the met just now?:D ;)

Snow Connaght and Lienster - moderate accumulations.

Rain coming from south turning readily to snow.

Oh and Tristame here is a beauty of a chart for you at 48hrs:D :D:D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=ukmomod;sess=

Look at the 528 line:D

Look where the front and 528 DAM line are on Friday. Snow all the way through the front I would suggest.

http://cirrus.netweather.tv/fax/PPVK89.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

darkman2 wrote:
    Anyone hear the ramp on RTE radio by the met just now?:D ;)

Snow Connaght and Lienster - moderate accumulations.

Rain coming from south turning readily to snow.

Oh and Tristame here is a beauty of a chart for you at 48hrs:D :D:D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=ukmomod;sess=

Look at the 528 line:D

Yup just heard it too.:D it was nice to hear meteireann mention "accumulations" when it's so rare these days. Although i did not like the way he seemed certain that it would turn back to rain and get mider after thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of the snow event on The East Coast in Feb 1991?

• Advertisement

rc28 wrote:
    Yup just heard it too.:D it was nice to hear meteireann mention "accumulations" when it's so rare these days. Although i did not like the way he seemed certain that it would turn back to rain and get mider after thursday.

TBH looking at todays charts I would favour it not turning back to rain. ;)

Is it possible still that the low will track further south as I note Steve M saying...would that ruin the sleety rain for us? :D

I heard the words "Significant... Snow & Leinster" in the same sentence on the RTE weather.. Big change from this afternoons reports! Maybe this time it might actually happen!!! :)

So what was said on the 6/1 weather? :p

EDIT: Ryan posted at the same time as me, sounds good!

So what was said on the 6/1 weather? :p

EDIT: Ryan posted at the same time as me, sounds good!

Ah she is known as a cold ramper :D

So with just over 24 hours to go to a possible snow event, does anyone what to give a forecast for Thursday and Friday as there is most likely to be snow and possible disruption??

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

You can watch the weather forecast on the web now if you miss it on the TV at the revamped rte website. Handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where Strasser?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Here "irish1" http://www.rte.ie/news/6news/ <<< bottom of the new page

• Advertisement

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0206/6news_av.html?2216669,null,230

6/1 weather.......not particularly easy to find for a revamped site :rolleyes:

Risk of 'significant' amounts of snow eh....me likey! :)

Advertisement