Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular quiz's

Options
  • 01-12-2004 2:36pm

If any body knows of regular quiz's going on, please post them here. :)

Every Thursday: 21.30 Headline Bar, Leonards Corner, Sth Circular Rd.
    Individual FREE quiz. Prize money of €100 for all 20 correct answers. €20 (I think) for most correct if there's no outright winner. They have bingo going on as well and hilarious naff DJ. Good fun though, and LOTS of cheating. :D (In a good way)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 febreze

Revolution Gastro Bar, John Street, Waterford
    Mondays @ 9.30

€10 per team (from 2 to 5 people)
    10 Rounds
    €100 prize money

Also, one person is chosen to go head to head each week with the quizmaster in a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire style round.
    15 General Knowledge questions - Win 1 pint for each question right (lose one for each wrong answer). Get all 15 and win a bottle of Cristal champagne on top of your 15 pints !!!

Great fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭L!aM

Does one every week, not too sure on the details but I'll check when I get back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

One in the Portobello every Tuesday night I think. Not certain about the day...not during the weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

might I make a suggestion.

as the members of the boards are from all over the country, it would be impossible to attend table quizzes every week why not pick one say a month or two in advance and make a commitment to meet up there in a similar way to the boards beers.

and if more than the required number of players needed for a team decided to attend then you would have ample time to set up a second team.

this would probably work better with the regular weekly quizzes rather than the one off charity ones unless there was plenty of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

do many of you use irc? i might start some irc quizzes if there's enough interest.

• Advertisement

sionnach wrote:
    do many of you use irc? i might start some irc quizzes if there's enough interest.

Forgive me for being slow, but the term 'irc' is not in my vocab. Please eleborate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Molloys up in tallaght village do a table quiz every thursday night. free entry and winner gets €25. which is also the price for a round of the cheapest beer for me and all of me mates. so if any of us win, we all get 1 free drink! bit ghey really! :)

PS IRC is internet relay chat. download mIRc and you'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Sionn- Do. I miss MarkQuizzes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

The_B_Man wrote:
    Molloys up in tallaght village do a table quiz every thursday night. free entry and winner gets €25. which is also the price for a round of the cheapest beer for me and all of me mates. so if any of us win, we all get 1 free drink! bit ghey really! :)

PS IRC is internet relay chat. download mIRc and you'll see.
    great craic... though the questions can be tough!

The Library at the side of Abberley Court have one on a Thursday aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ralphh

Anyone know of any table quizes in the Rathmines/Ranelagh/Milltown/Dundrum area? I know there was one in Russells of Ranelagh every tuesday night but they have stopped that. I'm looking for the weekly pub ones. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 swordfish

The Autobahan , Glasnevin Ave have a great quiz on Thursdays .
    Music clips, T.V, POP, mystery voice ,Movies, intros, general .

Its the best quiz ive been to , wouldnt miss it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

haha mate of mine does that quiz in the autobahn.....i work there on a sunday nite:D
    McSorleys Ranelagh quiz every tuesday 50 euro for 20 correct answers if not won goes up each week by 50 euro....500 euro given away there 2 or 3 weeks ago...If team on the nite who wins but not 20 outa 20 then free round of drinks for that team....speakin of drinks hang on gulp gulp lovely can of bulmers:) must take more nites off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mimi73

What time does that quiz start in the Autobahn ? I presume it's on upstairs.

Hes there at 9 but waits for a good few to turn up before he starts so 9.30ish ...Prizes are just a couple of pints but good craic all the same.

Hey guys just to let you know well in advance a Quiz night will be starting in Morrissons on ormonde st Kilkenny at the end of the month.Details arent finalised yet but i will let you know.(were working on some cool prizes).
    PS. Its going to be on a Tue night.

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Well here's a regular table quiz in the Phibsboro house, Dublin, every Thursday at 8 I think, 16 Euro per table of 4 and it's the business. Prizes include things like Karate Aftershave and Belvedere Bond writing paper. Well worth it. A quiz everyone has to do at least once.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Every Monday, Revolution in Waterford.

Months in the making but is finally her:)
    Quiz night will be starting in Morrissons on ormonde st Kilkenny on Tue night.Its going to be a Fun pub quiz with good prizes(so the management tell me).Start time 9ish and quiz should take 1hr 30min..Free to enter and is far from the standard Boring table quiz.

Ronan

First quiz was had on tuesday.Considering Tuesday night is the quietest in Morrissons i was happy with 5 teams.First prize was dinner for 2 people in Jacobs Cottage Restaurant.Second prize two btles of wine.I dont know what the prizes are for next week but if anyones around town pop down
    Quiz starts at 9.30ish and FREE to enter.
    Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

The Penny Black, every Thursday @ around 10pm. It's a music/film quiz. Free to take part and the winner gets a free gallon of beer (8 pints) and 1 free pint goes to 4 random punters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

OK, this is a little further afield.

Venue: The Bridge Bar, Ramelton, Co. Donegal
    Time: 10 pm, every Wednesday
    Cause: Varies

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Don't suppose anyone knows of a pub quiz on a Sunday in Cobh?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

New quiz night in Boland's Stillorgan on a Thursday night! With special guest DJ Puff Paddy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Papa Smut wrote: »
    If any body knows of regular quiz's going on, please post them here. :)

Every Thursday: 21.30 Headline Bar, Leonards Corner, Sth Circular Rd.
    Individual FREE quiz. Prize money of €100 for all 20 correct answers. €20 (I think) for most correct if there's no outright winner. They have bingo going on as well and hilarious naff DJ. Good fun though, and LOTS of cheating. :D (In a good way)

Tio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RealityHUH

Hi,
    I am hoping to start a quiz league in Dublin. The idea is to have a regular venue and run a quiz every fortnight. We run this format for 24 quizzes (2 per month) and have teams of four in each group. The scoring system will be based on average of all quizzes (or part depending on attendance). The idea is to have 5 rounds of 15 questions and One speciality round of 15 questions.

I would like to run atleast half the quizzes on the Northside and half in the South.

The grand prize would be €1,000 Euros atthe end ofthe season and ofcourse there are regular prizes for every quiz.

Ultimately, I would like the league to have a county ranking,
    Inter University, Inter high School and the open quiz; (We call it the county ranking quizzes)

Can you all give me your opinion as to this Idea and let me know something like this has been tried before and ifso, how it fared.

I would appreciate all constructive feedback.

Best regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 One Family

Hi there. How did you fare with getting your quiz league up and running? I too would be interested in hearing about others who have been successful in setting them up. I work for a charity and I'm toying with the idea of a quiz league this year.

All the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭TDiamond

Gather your brainiest friends / kidnap a librarian / memorize Wikipedia in preparation for

No Drama Theatre's Fundraiser Table Quiz

4 Dame Lane (upstairs) 7:30PM (October 20th)

Awesome raffle prizes for the
    "not-so-clever-but-lucky"

€10 per person, don't worry if you don't have a team, we'll find you one.

Money goes towards our next production,

Terry Pratchett's ® Wyrd Sisters.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/updates.php?id=127295984257&sent=1&e=0#!/event.php?eid=155829304450807&index=1

'Terry Pratchett' and 'Discworld' are registered trademarks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭TDiamond

Apologies......The date for the No Drama Theatre Quiz is October 20th
    (ie NEXT WEEK, NOT TOMORROW as I just posted).

Sorry for confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TimAndrews

I got a flyer through the door slot the other day – a company called Need More Space is running a competition to win an iPad – could use one of them! The text number is 53150 if anyone is looking to enter. Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TimAndrews

I got a flyer through the door slot the other day – a company called Need More Space is running a competition to win an iPad – could use one of them! The text number is 53150 if anyone is looking to enter. Good Luck

Advertisement