Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Struggling to obtain insurance

Options
  • 22-01-2019 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I work for a UK company that recently set up in Ireland. We are a freight forwarder that purchased 2 vans in Ireland. I've rang several insurance companies, all of which refused to quote. Any ideas?

The company is thinking of cutting it's loses and pulling out of Ireland based on this even though only 2 months established here.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mid 2018 seems to be the arrival date. Afloat says it will do Dublin Holyhead next summer and do Ireland to France at weekends, not exactly sure how that will work. Nice modern look to it from the 3D pic...

Ring a Broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ropg

Ring a Broker.

Tried several brokers unfortunately, all getting the same results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Contact the declined cases committee in Insurance Ireland. They will assist in getting you a quotation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

ropg wrote: »
    I work for a UK company that recently set up in Ireland. We are a freight forwarder e.
    Who provides insurance for the parent company?
    Ring them?

Had a breakthrough today, one of the brokers I called weeks ago managed to get a quote from.someone! Thank god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Welcome to Ireland, the land that screws anyone not a granny in a Micra into the ground :)

Welcome to Ireland, the land that screws anyone not a granny in a Micra into the ground

True story :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Welcome to Ireland, the land that screws anyone not a granny in a Micra into the ground :)

My mother - who is a granny with 50 + years No claims bonus, never a penalty point - and her Micra, got screwed into the ground.

Advertisement