Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual internal door hardware

Options
  • 21-01-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭

Pic one shows a hollow brass rod, threaded internally, that passes through the lock like the one in the link below: it has two M4 or similar, pozi-1 bolts that thread in from both sides and tighten up the lot, with no need for grub screws through the handle into the square bar. [I had to clip the heads off the bolts to get the piece out as the threads are stripped inside the brass rod

https://www.manomano.co.uk/internal-door-lever-door-handles/hafele-plain-safety-lever-door-handles-aluminium-1-pair-20mm-2614720

Any thoughts on where I might source the kit.
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

If you email Karl Henry at The Door Centre in Galway, he should be able to sort you. He's very good at sourcing what the customer wants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

There's a similar set up on all the euro spec handles
    It's a male / female set up as opposed to what you have of two screws in to either side of an internally threaded sleeve .
    Any local hardware should have boxes of these handles.
    They might give you a packet out if a sample box if you ask nicely .
    Was in a similar situation myself and the store gave me a few packets they had lying around .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Who2

Doors plus floors north road finglas. I know they used to sell those handles and hardware.

Advertisement