Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is covered in a DIY night course?

Options
  • 20-01-2019 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

I'm not good with my hands so I'm looking at a couple of night courses to improve, 10 week courses of 2 hours a night

The description is: Want to learn all the tips and tricks of a variety of trades . Carpentry, tiling, plumbing and electrical and lot more . This is the course for you it will help keep your home in top top condition.

Just wondering how basic or good are these courses. Are they worth doing or would you get as much info from Youtube?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jhenno78

Dunno, but it sounds like a great idea.

You can pick up loads from youtube, but it's a practical thing so it requires actually doing to fully understand what's going on. It's slower going on your own as you won't have a clue where to start and once you're doing it you won't be sure if you're doing it right.

Most youtubers are american too and you have to do extra research to work out what's different to here (a lot) - and that's really hard if you're starting from naught.

Go for it.

Advertisement