Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for a cheap one way flight to Vegas

Options
  • 20-01-2019 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭

Im flying out to Vegas middle of May this year and I looked at prices with Aer Lingus and its coming out as 880euros one way economy which is a bit expensive in my view. Is there anyone out there who flies often or maybe got a bargain with going from Ireland to Vegas? Even if I had to stop twice, I would consider it. Its more a price reduction im after, and its one way. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

How middle is the middle of May?

Google flights has a one way on May 10th for 320 euro.

2 stops, 21 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Im flying out to Vegas middle of May this year and I looked at prices with Aer Lingus and its coming out as 880euros one way economy which is a bit expensive in my view. Is there anyone out there who flies often or maybe got a bargain with going from Ireland to Vegas? Even if I had to stop twice, I would consider it. Its more a price reduction im after, and its one way. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

With the world series starting on the 28th, flights will be expensive the closer you get to that date. We got flights and hotel for 7 nights for €900 pp through a travel agent. When we went to book the hotel it was coming in at 800 alone to book separately so shop around and find a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Book a return with a Saturday stay and don't take the second flight. Most flights in May are E469.

Use Google flights to look them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

Should be possible by flying Norwegian one way into the US and then getting a Southwest flight to Vegas.

Keep away from the legacy airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

If you are Irish and traveling on the visa waiver programme remember you need a return ticket to get into the US in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

They might have a B1/B2 visa or other status.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

They might have a B1/B2 visa or other status.

Hence the word 'If' at the start of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Aer Lingus don't fly to Las Vegas.

Check kayak.ie and check price of a return vs a one way, return can sometimes be a lot cheaper (just don't use the second part)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Got this from holiday pirates and advertising flights for under €300 from Irish airports. Posted on Jan 21.

https://www.holidaypirates.com/flights/return-flights-to-las-vegas-from-a-number-of-irish-airports-from-gbp-261-euro295-return_29812

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Do a search with United or Delta out of Shannon, they could very well surprise you, I have snagged great bargains with both airlines to Las Vegas and South America before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement