Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Suit Rentals

Options
  • 20-01-2019 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I'm looking to rent five suits in Dublin for my wedding and wondering if you have any recommendations? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭patricia88

We are getting ours with Richie Whelan's in Naas. Can't recommend them enough - nothing is too much trouble with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I always recommend Tangos in Temple Bar. Their service is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

The formal suite on duke lane. Highly recommended. Not cheap but it’s one of the best around.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

It’s nearly as cheap now just to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

Yeah, I was going to say this. I think for an extra €70 or so I'm buying mine outright. It's a nice keepsake, it'll do for wearing to other weddings with different tie etc combinations, and there'll be no penalty if it were to get damaged in any way.

You could even throw a small few bob extra and buy your own and rent the others', if the shop allowed.

For what it's worth, I used Geoghegan's in Navan and have found them a pleasure to deal with. I have a best mate whose wedding is within 3 months of mine so we are wearing the same suits to both and kitting out our bridal parties, 9 lads in total. Both of us used Amazon for sets of ties/pocket squares/cufflinks for €10-15 a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

AB formal wear swords , customer service by remias is second to none , I am using him for my wedding at the moment. Highly Recommend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For those who did this, what about the best men's suits - did you ensure you want to a place where you could both buy and rent? Or just not get matching ones for the best men?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

patricia88 wrote: »
    We are getting ours with Richie Whelan's in Naas. Can't recommend them enough - nothing is too much trouble with them.

I'd second this. Down to giving extra pairs of shoes in case anyone was borderline in sizes, trusting us to return the extra ones, they were top notch on everything.

I'd also recommend The Formal Suite just off Grafton Street. We were going to use them before we realised Richie Whelans was more convenient, but was very impressed. I brought my brother in law into them and he was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

ixoy wrote: »
    For those who did this, what about the best men's suits - did you ensure you want to a place where you could both buy and rent? Or just not get matching ones for the best men?

Yeah, you kind of have to get lucky if you're doing a mix of buying/hiring - I enquired in a decent few places and of the ones that did both sales and hire, there weren't too many who had the same suits for both options.

Advertisement