Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green moss

Options
  • 20-01-2019 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering does anyone have any suggestions as to how you would get rid of the green moss that has come on the drive. We have black limestone chips down and it's growing on top of it. We spray the drive for weeds so I'm not sure is this coming now as a result.

We also have this around the earth bank where we have flowers set. No grass on green moss. That's why I'm thinking it might be spraying to kill the grass is resulting in this moss.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you get water sitting on the driveway? Are there overhanging trees? Is the drive shaded by a tall hedge/wall/the house? You will get moss where dampness sits and no chance for sun/air to dry it off. Its not likely to be the weedkiller, weedkiller would tend to kill moss so it sounds as though the conditions are causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I get 25kgs bags of milling salt in the local coop superstore and sprinkle it all over the driveway. Kills the moss in a few days.
    Its about 5/6 euro a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Looksee. Thanks for the reply. Water doesn't appear to stay on the drive way. We are near trees but they don't overhang. I would say there not helping matters anyway. You are correct in saying we are shaded where the patches are. Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Washman3.
    Thanks for the response. I'll try that and see how it goes.
    ����

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Jeyes fluids really good for moss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Spread bio washing powder on driveway and let it soak in for a few days. Moss turns brown and you can brush it off with a street brush in a few days

Advertisement