Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 24 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

At this rate I’ll be leaving Ricky in my team another week.
    One more final chance for him.
    Nota is an option but something seems wrong with have 3 Wolves players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    I could just be all casual and get Jota
    What was his story for the month before . Was he injured or just out of favor ?

Jota got hamstrung in GW17, only back for city game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

At this rate I’ll be leaving Ricky in my team another week.
    One more final chance for him.
    Nota is an option but something seems wrong with have 3 Wolves players.
    If you have held him for this long, would be mad to sell him before playing the worst team in the league imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

How did Aaron Ramsey play against Chelsea
    I am asking for a friend who has to replace Alli and would like another differential

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I might just stick with Richarlison. Anyone else doing the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,669 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

sheroman01 wrote: »

Yep. Keeping him. Dumped Anderson for Jota with one FT because they'll likely change prices tonight and I like the look of Wolves fixtures. Probably should've gotten Jimmy but that would take both FTs and I'm not prepared to do that till after the cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Looking at

Camarasa to Sterling
    Aguero to Aubameyang

For a -4

Thoughts?

Looking at

Camarasa to Sterling
    Aguero to Aubameyang

For a -4

Thoughts?
    It is prob too early to be asking as injuries etc can still happen but its a NO for me
    All signs point to aguero starting against newcastle now assuming Jesus starts Fa cup
    Then they have Arsenal and Chelsea at home. Aguero starts those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

sheroman01 wrote: »

Yep he survives one more week for me anyway - not worth a minus 4 I don't think and bigger fires to put out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

With Anderson's impending drop in price I've chucked him out. However, instead of going for the flavour of the month in Jota, I've gone for a slightly left field choice of Milivojevic. Did very well for me last season when I brought him in at roughly the same time.

Hoping to bank my remaining free transfer, eventually using the 1.6m to upgrade Martial to Son when he returns from Asia.

After that, attention turns back to Kamara and Stekelenberg. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Was fairly set on giving Lucas a chance but then I checked him out only 6 goals all season with 3 of them in 2 games? Hmmm not as prolific as I had perceived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So how much is Gonzalo going to cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

eagle eye wrote: »
    So how much is Gonzalo going to cost?

See here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876772&page=269

From #4027

Wilberto wrote: »
    Hoping to bank my remaining free transfer, eventually using the 1.6m to upgrade Martial to Son when he returns from Asia.
    If SK make the final, Son will miss GWs 24 and 25 and Spurs have a possible blank in 27, he might only play once before the end of February. In GWs 28 and 29, Spurs have big top four games v Chelsea and arsenal in between CL games which could be cagey. It also remains to be seen how Spurs get on without Kane, Alli, Son and Sissoko and will be a bit of an unknown quantity in a months time. Plus Son could come back with nothing like the form he left with.

We will know if SK make the semi finals tomorrow and if Spurs have a BGW in 27, if both are the case, 1.6 is too much to hold in the bank for a player with possibly one PL game in the next month when you could have another upper mid price midfielder for three or four GWs. Basically, use the money elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Higuain in the game @ £9.5 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,364 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Currently have Alli and Lorrente. Thinking of either of the two below

Moura & Zaha/Arnie

Or

Higuian & Neves/Kante

I have Salah, Pogba, Sterling already in midfield.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Currently have Alli and Lorrente. Thinking of either of the two below

Moura & Zaha/Arnie

Or

Higuian & Neves/Kante

I have Salah, Pogba, Sterling already in midfield.

Zaha has cursed my team for far too long palace don't score enough goals

Arnie is a no go until the middle of February for me unlikely that he will leave but he didn't play last week so what's to say he won't refuse again or even be bothered if he does play

Could take a punt on higuain but ward prowse would probably be my pick of the 5m and unders

Arsenal are an awful anomaly guendouzi and zhaka are the only nailed midfielders are sure who wants them? It's a guessing game with ozil iwobi mhki and ramsey all the ones you would be interested in owning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Arsenal are an awful anomaly guendouzi and zhaka are the only nailed midfielders are sure who wants them? It's a guessing game with ozil iwobi mhki and ramsey all the ones you would be interested in owning

Hey! I'll have you know that Guendouzi is this season's TPT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they are Aubamayang or nothing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    they are Aubamayang or nothing IMO.

I think kolasanic is a very good option. Cheap enough to bench and probably the most exciting defender to own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think kolasanic is a very good option. Cheap enough to bench and probably the most exciting defender to own.

There are currently 15 regular starters (I’ve excluded Saïss) that are the same price or cheaper than him, who are all above him in the form table (points per game)

He’s scored more than 6 points only 3 times all season, and more than 8 points only once.

I really don’t get the appeal of him at all to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benimar wrote: »
    There are currently 15 regular starters (I’ve excluded Saïss) that are the same price or cheaper than him, who are all above him in the form table (points per game)

He’s scored more than 6 points only 3 times all season, and more than 8 points only once.

In fairness they looked much improved defensively in their last game. Koscielny brings much needed leadership qualities

A quick check suggests that of those, all bar the Liverpool players have played far more minutes than Kola, some twice as many. Kola scored 6 or more five times in twelve games, how many others have as good a record. Kola missed the first 10 GWs, that could give even a donkey a 20 point head start. Arsenal fixtures are about as good as you can get, just bench him against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If he keeps his place which he should there is a huge score coming. That Fulham game over xmas on another day could have been a 20 pointer . He is a BP magnet aswell. He has ticked along ok for me since I got him but Im expecting big returns over the next 5 gws.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    We will know if SK make the semi finals tomorrow and if Spurs have a BGW in 27, if both are the case, 1.6 is too much to hold in the bank for a player with possibly one PL game in the next month when you could have another upper mid price midfielder for three or four GWs. Basically, use the money elsewhere.

TBH, I'm actually happy with my team now as is so the 1.6m on the bench just gives me even more options over the next few weeks along with the 2 FTs.

I don't think I'll be improving my team if I swapped player. I'd only be spending it just for the sake of spending it. Sometimes, having cash in the bank is akin to having an extra FT. ;)

i think i'm going to get in Ramsey for Alli. Is part of what's influencing me that we won't be able to own him again after this season? Absolutely. So who's with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »
    i think i'm going to get in Ramsey for Alli. Is part of what's influencing me that we won't be able to own him again after this season? Absolutely. So who's with me?

He’s had 1 90 min PL match in 19 GW’s

Looking at my team (just after wildcard) and I have 2 worries, Shaw and Alli.

Shaw - hit with a bug and not sure if he has placed locked down. Do I move on to Kolasinac (get him back in). Plan was to get Perriera after his next 3 games for Shaw or TAA when he returns

Alli- crocked so need to move. Problem here is I dont think there are many good options there now, Sane being the only one but have Sterling and he has a blank coming up in 3 weeks. The alternative option is to replace Firmino for Higuain and bring in Mane (I have 3 Liverpool positions in use). Problem with that it means I'm restricting getting TAA and going with Perreria which I may ultimately do.

Is there anyone in midfield Im missing - Salah, Sterling, Pogba, Puncheon. I have 1.2m ITB

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Looking at my team (just after wildcard) and I have 2 worries, Shaw and Alli.

Shaw - hit with a bug and not sure if he has placed locked down. Do I move on to Kolasinac (get him back in). Plan was to get Perriera after his next 3 games for Shaw or TAA when he returns

Alli- crocked so need to move. Problem here is I dont think there are many good options there now, Sane being the only one but have Sterling and he has a blank coming up in 3 weeks. The alternative option is to replace Firmino for Higuain and bring in Mane (I have 3 Liverpool positions in use). Problem with that it means I'm restricting getting TAA and going with Perreria which I may ultimately do.

Is there anyone in midfield Im missing - Salah, Sterling, Pogba, Puncheon. I have 1.2m ITB

What about Moura? Looked sharp last night when he came on and he stepped up big time earlier in the season.

Or can you stretch to Eriksen?

I have Salah, Sterling, Pogba and Billing. So moving Alli on tonight with Lorrente (although I'm tempted to keep him for one more week)

• Advertisement

What about Moura? Looked sharp last night when he came on and he stepped up big time earlier in the season.

I have Salah, Sterling, Pogba and Billing. So moving Alli on tonight with Lorrente (although I'm tempted to keep him for one more week)

Why tonight ? Most teams have another game
    I had been considering Moura but he is just a transfer back out when son comes back
    That and spurs look ****e

I’ll be selling Alli for non spurs and get son back in 27 if he is back

Why tonight ? Most teams have another game
    I had been considering Moura but he is just a transfer back out when son comes back
    That and spurs look ****e

I’ll be selling Alli for non spurs and get son back in 27 if he is back

I was going to move Alli tonight in case he dropped in price?

I was going to move Alli tonight in case he dropped in price?

He is still in positive territory
    The more people that realize this and don’t sell him yet the slower he will drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Brooks out Eriksen in. Lorrente in for Kane from last week.

Having watched Spurs last night, I am not keen on getting any of them in until Alli, Son & Kane are back. I do like there fixture though.

I might end up going for Jota as a differential and use the money elsewhere later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I think we have our Alli replacement

spock. wrote: »

Well that is just beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ricky to Son most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Son will come in, tomorrow,
    Bet your bottom dollar that, tomorrow,
    There'll be Son.

Just thinking about , tomorrow,
    Clear away Richarlison,
    And the sorrow,
    Til there's none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Great news, will move to Snodgrass to Son and then Vardy to Wilson/Mitro/Ings for -4 now

• Advertisement

will wait 'til after the cup games, but Son back early is lovely so i'll likely swap Alli to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Camarasa to Son most likely now. Game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

spock. wrote: »

Brilliant, had hoped he would have dropped by .1 more though, it might need a slight rejig of transfers I had been planning out for the next week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

His price frozen now for a few GW's too. Will probably leave Sane in until we figure out if he has a DGW coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ugh would have prefer Son not being back until after this GW, I benched him instead of transferring him out, but now I have a strong front 8 and will have to bench someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ugh would have prefer Son not being back until after this GW, I benched him instead of transferring him out, but now I have a strong front 8 and will have to bench someone.

You can still leave him on the bench if ya want

manual_man wrote: »
    In fairness they looked much improved defensively in their last game. Koscielny brings much needed leadership qualities

I was gonna day it won’t be long till he is injured again
    Sure enough ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To be honest, that Son return news almost makes that Alli injury a non-event for a FPL owner. You'd almost certainly have been looking at that as something that would be in the back of your head as 'jaysus maybe I should be making that move', when that Qatar win news came through.

Maybe you wouldn't have gone through with it, I think there is a high chance I wouldn't have. But you'd want to.

CSF wrote: »
    To be honest, that Son return news almost makes that Alli injury a non-event for a FPL owner. You'd almost certainly have been looking at that as something that would be in the back of your head as 'jaysus maybe I should be making that move', when that Qatar win news came through.

Maybe you wouldn't have gone through with it, I think there is a high chance I wouldn't have. But you'd want to.

100%
    The fact they don’t have a blank makes it even better
    I was cursing my luck Sunday
    Not so much now
    Alli got me 9 points and now I can bid a fond farewell
    And won’t lose money

• Advertisement

I was gonna day it won’t be long till he is injured again
    Sure enough ....

Freak injury to be fair