Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Outdoor Security Csnera

Options
  • 17-01-2019 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Apologies for the thread title. Looking for a recommendation for an IP camera with night vision please with micro SD storage. It would be for outdoor use and needs to be wireless so not near the router. Also see there one in Lidl today that I’ve attached a pic of. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Will the location have power?

If yes, then check out the Yi Outdoor Camera:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/YI-Wireless-Weatherproof-Surveillance-Detection-H30/dp/B0776V3CG5/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1547732867&sr=8-5&keywords=yi+outdoor+camera

Note if you buy from Amazon there is a voucher that makes it £59, you need to tick the box.

If you want one with a flood light built in, this one looks good:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Security-Camera-integrated-floodlight/dp/B01LY7NQ8D/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547732925&sr=8-2&keywords=netatmo

BTW The Home Automation forum tends to have more people with experience of these sort of consumer cameras:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1777

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭amber2

Fantastic bk looks good & what I’m
    Looking for. Need something that doesn’t need a cable to the router. Where I’m mounting the camera is about 10 feet from the house, WiFi signal is good & there is a plug in power point there. One question though what’s the story with the YI Cloud do I need to subscribe or in the event I need to save footage can I just download it from the SD card? Have a 4 Chanel Hik vision set up already but it’s just not catching one small area so was looking for something without spending a huge amount of money. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You don't need the cloud subscription unless you want it.

For free it will send you:
    - notifications of movement detected
    - Record 6 second clips of the motion to the cloud.

If you put an SD card in it then you can have it record constantly to the SD card and you can review the recordings on the SD card via that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

What the best google assistant enabled ip cam for outdoors. Ie one which is possible to cast to chromecast or home hub

irishchris wrote: »
    What the best google assistant enabled ip cam for outdoors. Ie one which is possible to cast to chromecast or home hub

The best is likely the Nest Outdoor Cameras (made by Google themselves). Though they usually require a subscription.

Supports Home Hub, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement