Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Assistant compatible alarm

Options
  • 16-01-2019 10:25pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got this? I'm no wizz on home alarms, but it seems a good deal!
    €99 for a wireless alarm, 7 sensors, alarm box, the install is free, and what looks like no obligation to sign up to a subscription (unless im interpreting their site wrong, and 1 charge is 99 and then it's a monthly €35 subscription.

https://www.homesecure.ie/pricing

Curious if anyone has it, and what can/can't be done with the Z-wave tech built into it?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

If I searched a bit harder i'd of found lots a people saying it's a fee + a subscription.

Maybe i'll retitle this thread....

Can someone recommend me a wireless alarm system, which ideally would integrate with Home Assistant?

I spotted this thread but wondering is that still current (2+ year old advise).

Any ballpark of what something like that might cost?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well if you are looking for a "cheap", DIY option, the check out Yale Smart Alarm System.

I don't think it officially supports Home Assistant, but it has a pretty accessible web interface and I don't think it would be too hard to get it working, at least arm/disarm, though I don't think you can read the sensors if that is what you are looking for.

I've this system myself and have it working with Smart Things (basic arm/disarm).

Note it is single path comms only and doesn't have shock sensors.

Also check out the Smanos and Somnify systems that work with Alexa, GH, IFTTT, etc.

The Siemens/Vanderbilt option I'm sure still works and would be a more comprehensive traditional alarm system then my Yale, but also would be quiet a bit more expensive.

Advertisement