Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need my P21

• 16-01-2019 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, any feedback on my situation appreciated.

I filled in my Form 12 at the start of January and have requested my P21. However I still havent received this.

I am currently trying to avail of the help to buy scheme and it won't let me proceed as it says the form 12 hasnt been completed and my p21 hasn't been requested.

Does anyone know where my P21 might be, or is it just a matter of waiting? I have filled in an online enquiry and tried to ring multiple times but I'm not getting a response and it's massively holding up my house purchase.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Your employer needs to file their end of year tax return first. They have until 15 February 2019 to do it. You should be able to get sorted within a week or so of that then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MarioLuigi

I filled in my Form 12 at the start of January and have requested my P21. However I still havent received this.

I am currently trying to avail of the help to buy scheme and it won't let me proceed as it says the form 12 hasnt been completed and my p21 hasn't been requested.

Does anyone know where my P21 might be, or is it just a matter of waiting? I have filled in an online enquiry and tried to ring multiple times but I'm not getting a response and it's massively holding up my house purchase.

Thanks.

You don't need to wait until your employer has filed their P35, you've self declared your details on your Form 12.

I've filed a few Form 12s this month for various people and there seems to be a delay on Revenue's side. I filed my own Form 12 on 1st Jan and I got my P21 in about two working days, and the refund in three working days. Another few I have filed since then - none of the P21s have come back yet. Probably to do with the introduction of PAYE Modernisation and the PAYE section being bombarded.

I'd suggest to try and call Revenue tell them your story and see if you can get someone to move yours up the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

I presume you are filing these online via ROS.ie?

I submitted a Form 12 on Monday, and received my P21 back this morning.

The website isn't great, but re-check that you sent it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I filled mine last Tuesday, received p21 next day and refund landed in the account on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

So there was no delays last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnnicholson

Thanks for all of the replies. I submitted it on the 4th of January, so it seems like I should have it by now. I have double and triple checked that it is submitted! The status of the Form 12 is 'submitted'. The button beside P21 says 'request' but I've clicked this a few times now over the past 2 weeks. I got married in 2018. So wondering if the change in civil status would have delayed things?

• Advertisement

Just wait. Not all forms are processed as quickly as others. If it's submitted then it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Thanks.

If you've paid over the amount you need in tax in 2015-2017 you can untick 2018 on the HTB application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thanks for all of the replies. I submitted it on the 4th of January, so it seems like I should have it by now. I have double and triple checked that it is submitted! The status of the Form 12 is 'submitted'. The button beside P21 says 'request' but I've clicked this a few times now over the past 2 weeks. I got married in 2018. So wondering if the change in civil status would have delayed things?

As already stated it's most likely due to the introduction of PMOD and it being traditionally one of the busiest times of the year for PAYE that's causing the delay. Your change in status for 2018 is also probably delaying it as year of marriage review would need to be completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm waiting since the 7th if Janaury for mine op. I rang today and apprently it's gone to an EO which is strange as I only worked 6 months so it should have been straight forward.

She did advise me there is a delay though. Maybe give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnnicholson

Thanks a million for all the helpful replies.

Does anyone know if I can proceed with a house sale without having the help to buy set up now, and claim the rebate later? So I don’t have to delay my purchase while I’m waiting for them to clear their back log?

Appreciate all advice and thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

wonski wrote: »
    I filled mine last Tuesday, received p21 next day and refund landed in the account on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

So there was no delays last week.

This doesn't mean there were no delays. There is a massive delay going on currently since NY. If you File F12, get a P21 the next day and get a refund a few days later it just means your P21 was completely automated and didn't require any human intervention.

The year of marriage review is likely holding this up. Keep calling Revenue. It's the only way to hurry this up really.

wiggle16 wrote: »
    This doesn't mean there were no delays. There is a massive delay going on currently since NY. If you File F12, get a P21 the next day and get a refund a few days later it just means your P21 was completely automated and didn't require any human intervention.

The year of marriage review is likely holding this up. Keep calling Revenue. It's the only way to hurry this up really.

Yep, that does make sense.

I guess I am lucky every year as the system never flagged my returns, even if I amend some figures manually, like this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I did my form 12 last week and rang up about 2 days later and was told its for review and i needed to upload my husband and my p60s, so i did that yesterday and called today and was told i just have to wait.

I was on maternity leave last year and when i returned to work was put on a week one basis, so i know i am due money and im mad to get it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Although the wait is frustrating and at times inconvenient by ringing you are adding to the problem in a way.

There are only X amount of staff that deal with PAYE queries, those same staff are expected to man the helpline. The more calls made the more staff are put on phones to meet demand. This means other tasks such as processing enquiries and refund items gets put yo one side and further delays happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Tow

michellie wrote: »
    I was on maternity leave last year and when i returned to work was put on a week one basis, so i know i am due money and im mad to get it soon.

It may not be as much as you think. Maternity Pay is taxed, but this is done by Revenue by putting you on a week one basis and reducing your allowances.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Tow wrote: »
    It may not be as much as you think. Maternity Pay is taxed, but this is done by Revenue by putting you on a week one basis and reducing your allowances.

I went back to work part time, and i was taxed to ****e on my annual bonus in the middle of my maternity leave so I know I'm due back something and have worked it out, the guy on the line told me the amount due back, just waiting on approval. Hopefully it'll be this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thisnoize7

Am I imagining things or has the P20 been changed to the P21 recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

thisnoize7 wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or has the P20 been changed to the P21 recently?

There's no such thing as a p20. A p21 balancing statement is what always issued when one requested one/filed a form 12 tax return/claimed an additional tax relief or credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thisnoize7

There's no such thing as a p20. A p21 balancing statement is what always issued when one requested one/filed a form 12 tax return/claimed an additional tax relief or credit.

I have confused it with the p60, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Apologies for reviving this topic. I hope it's alright!

I'm in the same boat I think - it might be due to being on illness benefit and week 1/day 1 during last year. Even though I returned to work later in the year it was too late to be put back on a cumulative basis - so much so that I didn't even receive a tax credit certificate for 2019 until I asked.

On a side note - I'm trying to rectify a common error at my workplace whereby they fail to declare to Revenue that illness benefit is paid directly to them whilst they pay me my full salary - causing Rev to believe that I received both my full pay as well as the illness benefit. As soon as I applied for a P21 I sent an enquiry attaching a letter from my employer outlining this error.

Given that it's been over two weeks since I've requested my P21 I presume it requires an officer to review it - would the officer see the Enquiry I made when asssessing it? It would speed things up dramatically if that happens.

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

would the officer see the Enquiry I made when asssessing it?

Yes..All phonecalls and enquiries are recorded under your PPS number, and will be available to the caseworker assigned to your case.

Advertisement