Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New kitchen any recommendationd

• 15-01-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all

Any recommendations for anywhere or anyone that do kitchens ?!

Your thoughts on cash and carry?

Budget approx 5k

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

We've gone with Woodies and have found them very good. Our kitchen layout is complicated to say the least and they've come up with a very good design. They also have a Jan sale running until the 27th so should work with your budget if your kitchen is a pretty typical size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

+1 for Woodies,
    I really had no idea how to layout the kitchen in my new house - only knew what I didn't want. I happened to be in Woodies in Wexford (didn't know they did Kitchens) and I got talking to the design guy there. He knew his stuff and I am delighted with the results. Woodies quiet often do promotions so don't pay full price without asking if there are any coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

sleepily wrote: »
    We've gone with Woodies and have found them very good. Our kitchen layout is complicated to say the least and they've come up with a very good design. They also have a Jan sale running until the 27th so should work with your budget if your kitchen is a pretty typical size.

Just be wary of their fitters looking for cash at the end in order to keep the 'cash price' that was agreed in the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Meself

I guess a lot depends on the designer you speak with. I found woodies terrible. The guy I went to was not very helpful.

Went with Eco interiors in the end. Still a work in progress but can update when I've the kitchen installed next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Meself wrote: »
    I guess a lot depends on the designer you speak with. I found woodies terrible. The guy I went to was not very helpful.

Went with Eco interiors in the end. Still a work in progress but can update when I've the kitchen installed next month.

We're thinking of going with Eco Interiors. Did you go with them in the end? How did you find it?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 ggsolar ireland

redser7 wrote: »
    We're thinking of going with Eco Interiors. Did you go with them in the end? How did you find it?

Cheers
    At the end of the day we chose Grand designs kitchens and bedrooms they where fantastic. They where able to design and give us advice on all things to do with space and resulted in us getting the whole house refurbished by them. It was an amazing experience. Give them a buzz. They sure to help you out.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Where would you out their price point? Mid or high-end?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Comerman

Highly recommend these guys, they've done our kitchen twice over the years and have no complaints about them or their work. Very reasonable pricing too
    https://mmcustomkitchensfurniture.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Meself

redser7 wrote: »

Cheers

Yeh..I found them the cheaper of the premium kitchen suppliers. Was able to haggle a bit off the price.

Got my appliances through them. They were cheaper than anywhere else.

I found the guy I was dealing with a bit disappointing. I expected a bit more by way of 'can I suggest this' or 'how about if we do that'. He wasn't really into it at all. I expected a bit, well, a lot more input from him given how much we were spending.

I believe the woman in there is very good but unfortunately we didn't speak with her.

In all, good quality kitchen..few follow up issues that were dealt with quickly.

Would I use again.. yes, but would try and get a different interested salesperson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Found cash and carry very good and very well priced. Got a neighbours brother to fit my current kitchen and it’s just not right with regard to the finish. It’s on the list to be replaced at 3 years old.

Meself wrote: »
    Yeh..I found them the cheaper of the premium kitchen suppliers. Was able to haggle a bit off the price.

Got my appliances through them. They were cheaper than anywhere else.

I found the guy I was dealing with a bit disappointing. I expected a bit more by way of 'can I suggest this' or 'how about if we do that'. He wasn't really into it at all. I expected a bit, well, a lot more input from him given how much we were spending.

I believe the woman in there is very good but unfortunately we didn't speak with her.

In all, good quality kitchen..few follow up issues that were dealt with quickly.

Would I use again.. yes, but would try and get a different interested salesperson.

Very helpful, thanks a lot! If you don't mind, would you PM me what they charged for how many cabinets and worktop? Hope that's not cheeky.

Advertisement