Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender Asylum Seeker Deceased in US ICE Care

Options
  • 30-11-2018 12:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've known for a while now, that the US is becoming less safe for the LGBTQ community, but this goes far beyond unsettling. I've been to the US countless times before, but when I start transitioning again, I may forego any future visits, not in fear of immigration, but how Trump seems to be riling up the general public, his supporters more so.

Transgender Asylum dies in ICE Custody

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    I've known for a while now, that the US is becoming less safe for the LGBTQ community, but this goes far beyond unsettling. I've been to the US countless times before, but when I start transitioning again, I may forego any future visits, not in fear of immigration, but how Trump seems to be riling up the general public, his supporters more so.

Transgender Asylum dies in ICE Custody

My only question is why you would wait until you begin transitioning again? If it's a personal concern for your own safety, fine. But if you agree that what that administration is doing is completely wrong, you should probably avoid contributing to their economy altogether. Give that old tourist dollar to somewhere like Canada or something instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well I have family living in the US, which is a complicating factor.

Advertisement