Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Being big is a disadvantage as you knw everyone will gang up to eliminate you

Cena officially entering the rumble match

Could we see him winning and breaking the title record at mania ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »

Wouldn't say so isn't he due to shoot a movie soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think he could shoot 2 movies in the time between Brock's appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He needs to just do what the rest of them do walk out into the ring and enter himself.

https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/1082700421012033537

• Advertisement

Exactly. Seems easy enough to do.

Is there a certain number from Smackdown and Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,320 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Cena wins, as free agent, he can pick any world title from any show yes?

I think that's the case with any winner. Like last year Asuka won while on the Raw brand and challenged Charlotte instead of Alexa, if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Floppybits

So is the plan to have Becky lose to Asuka in their match at Royal Rumble maybe with more interference from Rousey, then have Becky enter the Rumble and win and challenge Rousey at Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Floppybits wrote: »
    So is the plan to have Becky lose to Asuka in their match at Royal Rumble maybe with more interference from Rousey, then have Becky enter the Rumble and win and challenge Rousey at Wrestlemania?

have a horrible feeling Becky wont be in the rumble at all. Last year the Mens rumble opened the show didnt it, filling the middle with title matches, before the women closed the show. I can see them flipping that order, putting the womens rumble match first, meaning none of Becky, sasha, asuka or ronnie will be in it as they would have title matches later. By putting the womens rumble first, it would allow Charlotte winning the rumble and avoiding fans chanting for becky, as they'd know she would be fighting later.

• Advertisement

dusty bin wrote: »
    have a horrible feeling Becky wont be in the rumble at all. Last year the Mens rumble opened the show didnt it, filling the middle with title matches, before the women closed the show. I can see them flipping that order, putting the womens rumble match first, meaning none of Becky, sasha, asuka or ronnie will be in it as they would have title matches later. By putting the womens rumble first, it would allow Charlotte winning the rumble and avoiding fans chanting for becky, as they'd know she would be fighting later.

You would think that because the show is called the Royal Rumble that they would have the both rumbles on at the end and all the other matches before, that way if a competitor loses their championship match they can enter the rumble later and get a another bite at the cherry.

I know the WWE and sense to go together. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does Becky vs Ronda (vs Charlotte) strictly need the title at this point? Feels like their feud has developed way past it now, and they might be better served having Auska vs someone and, say, Bayley vs Sasha for the titles.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Does Becky vs Ronda (vs Charlotte) strictly need the title at this point? Feels like their feud has developed way past it now, and they might be better served having Auska vs someone and, say, Bayley vs Sasha for the titles.

No, not at all tbh. But I don't think they have Ronda lose to anyone but the two mentioned above for her first loss. She didn't need the title in the first place, but I get why they put it on her of course.

Necro wrote: »
    No, not at all tbh. But I don't think they have Ronda lose to anyone but the two mentioned above for her first loss. She didn't need the title in the first place, but I get why they put it on her of course.

Given Ronda cost Becky and Charlotte the title against Auska, could have them interfere and cost Ronda hers too. Yeah, she loses but with the astrik beside her name that lets them have her chase it again after Mania.

Plus it would mean they're helping a fellow horsewoman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Only based off the current booking I could see Charlotte winning the rumble. Two dusty finishes in the title matches see Asuka retain and Sasha get the title off Ronda (Becky interferance/retaliation) and we would be left with a mania trio of Becky vs Ronda cross brand non title rivalry, the rematch of last mania with the roles reversed Asuka and Charlotte plus Sasha vs Bayley for Raws title pushing the horsewoman thing forward before Shayna's eventual call up.

They would probably have Charlotte eliminate Nia Jax last to ensure she does not get booed.

Nia Jax too win the rumble

Nia Jax too win the rumble

Can you imagine the reaction if that happened? There would be a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Floppybits wrote: »
    Can you imagine the reaction if that happened? There would be a riot.

And if Becky beats Asuka for the belt, you could have Nia picking Becky to be her WM opponent.

Nuclear boos.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Plus it would mean they're helping a fellow horsewoman

Hadn't even spotted that angle, but absolutely. Starts a foundation for the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen feud too.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    And if Becky beats Asuka for the belt, you could have Nia picking Becky to be her WM opponent.

Nuclear boos.

Don't be saying those scary things lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Don't be saying those scary things lol

Becky v Charlotte v Ronda is the most obvious Mania match right now. I'd have no particular issue with Charlotte being involved given her recent PPV performances to be honest. Becky deserves the win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Murphy, Tozawa, Itami and Kalisto set for Rumble, hope its in the main show, that has all the potential to be best match on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Sirsok wrote: »
    Murphy, Tozawa, Itami and Kalisto set for Rumble, hope its in the main show, that has all the potential to be best match on the card

I'd be shocked if it was, there's seven other matches announced and I can't see any being left off the main show - both rumbles, the four world title matches and the Shane/Miz tag match. I'd love if they put Shane on the preshow but there's probably more chance of them putting AJ/Bryan on it since Shane is such a huge star :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if it was, there's seven other matches announced and I can't see any being left off the main show - both rumbles, the four world title matches and the Shane/Miz tag match. I'd love if they put Shane on the preshow but there's probably more chance of them putting AJ/Bryan on it since Shane is such a huge star :rolleyes:

Well he did win the World Cup :pac:

I didn't see Smackdown this week, so didn't realise Shane/Miz vs The Bar had been booked.

I'm...geneuinely curious about that tbh. Shane/Miz as tag champs could actually be very entertaining heading towards Mania, and The Bar needed something new to work with. And as a fan of The Miz, I'm really hoping they give him the Shane match this year, cause it would be a massive rub for him.

I love when they have unique stages and entrances, so this sounds awesome.

https://twitter.com/slicewrestling/status/1083790516095987713?s=21

Daniel Bryan, Mojo Rawley, Bobby Roode And Baron Corbin While Speaking With @abc15 In Arizona Say That The SuperStars Will Have Unique Entrances At The #RoyalRumble PPV At Chase Field (Home of the Arizona Diamondbacks) As The SuperStars Will Enter The Show Via The Dugout

EDIT: The seating plan:

89714s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 85,320 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    Id be certain whoever loses brock/braun match will attack truth and get the 30th spot

Is Braun "allowed" in the rumble match by Vince now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Will we get collar popping Balor, or Demon Balor at the Rumble

Hopefully we get a hint on Raw tomorrow for the Demon

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Braun "allowed" in the rumble match by Vince now?

How many unofficial entrants have we had in it before? Though have any of them won?

Advertisement