Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yea i think if Balor comes out in the paint on Sunday he really has to win either the RR or the Universal title.

I seriously doubt he'll come out as the demon for the title match since they didn't promote it at all on Raw like for the other main rosters appearances, the only saving grace is how much Vince can change his mind which could also impact the result of the match and flip flop between now and Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If Vince taught the demon character was good, we'd see it more regular, i dont think he'll be using it this sunday, but he will have his leather jacket, and he will tug on the collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The US and 205 title match are on the pre show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is it possible Balor enters the rumble twice? really early on in normal gear, gets eliminated early then heads to back, gets quickly painted up, though usually takes a few hours and comes back and re enters as the demon?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

montyrebel wrote: »
    is it possible Balor enters the rumble twice? really early on in normal gear, gets eliminated early then heads to back, gets quickly painted up, though usually takes a few hours and comes back and re enters as the demon?

No, if he's entering as he lost to Lesnar, losing to Lesnar and then getting dumped out of the rumble and coming back would make him look weak and stupid for not coming out as the demon in the first place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Folks are we having a Royal Rumble comp this year for sh1ts and giggles?

Happy to run one if no one else is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »

IN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

In

Ok give me a few mins and I'll set up a seperate thread.

Can run a supplementary one if we get more than 30 entrants as well, will see how we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

IN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'll play please.

Pool Thread Up folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They need to update Kalisto's picture in that CW title match promo. He hasn't looked like Drago in a long time.

Who was it they messed up the quick elimination with in the women's rumble last year? I guess it's expected as most of the women are short so usually need help going over the top, which is why you see them climbing the ropes to get over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Whats everyones plans for the Rumble.

I normally make a big deal for the rumble or mania, and host parties or have a few drinks with the missus until see inevitably falls asleep, im thinking some white russians this year with homemade pizza's.

The missus mother had said she wants to watch it this year, so ill have fum explaining all the characters. I dont think she ever got my love of wrestling. When me and the missus moved into a new house, her and her father were upstairs geouting the bathroom while i was setting up all my figures strategically in the house.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Whats everyones plans for the Rumble.

I normally make a big deal for the rumble or mania, and host parties or have a few drinks with the missus until see inevitably falls asleep, im thinking some white russians this year with homemade pizza's.

The missus mother had said she wants to watch it this year, so ill have fum explaining all the characters. I dont think she ever got my love of wrestling. When me and the missus moved into a new house, her and her father were upstairs geouting the bathroom while i was setting up all my figures strategically in the house.

I'm just back from England that evening and off the next day. So takeaway, beer and perhaps some other munchies is the plan.
    Missus watched it last year with me, she loves the Rumble but not sure if she's planning to this year. Suppose I should ask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I'm just back from England that evening and off the next day. So takeaway, beer and perhaps some other munchies is the plan.
    Missus watched it last year with me, she loves the Rumble but not sure if she's planning to this year. Suppose I should ask :pac:

usually, i tend to stay up till 4, go to bed disappointed and get up for work around 7.30 hanging for the rest of the day. then watch it with my boys after work pretending i dont know what happens. Last year was unique in that i didnt go to bed disappointed, still hanging though. no leave left until feb, so will be doing the usual again. where i am happy wise depends on who wins what on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

dusty bin wrote: »
    usually, i tend to stay up till 4, go to bed disappointed and get up for work around 7.30 hanging for the rest of the day. then watch it with my boys after work pretending i dont know what happens. Last year was unique in that i didnt go to bed disappointed, still hanging though. no leave left until feb, so will be doing the usual again. where i am happy wise depends on who wins what on sunday.

i will be doing the same the monday is always a rough experience but with the card i feel it will be worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Used to always take the day off after rumble and a week after mania when i worked in the bank, but since i left and now work for myself i can suit myself, and work from home if needs be!

surly they wont go with Orton to win it again

have heard they were looking at
    Orton vs Styles at mania

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am working hard to clear my schedule Monday morning. Sit down, bright and fresh and having avoided the internet, and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does anyone know what Balor is like at laying out a match?

Who will lay out his match with Brock?

I would assume heyman, vince, brock lay out the majority of the match together

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Looking forward to Sunday now. I’ve said it before, but living in vancouver, the timing of it is perfect. 2-8pm including the pre show. Lovely jubbly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sky88 wrote: »
    I would assume heyman, vince, brock lay out the majority of the match together

Does Vince get involved in laying out any matches? I thought this was solely the work of the agents? Malenko or perhaps Pat Patterson if he's knocking about on the day

Was just wondering, why was Bushwhacker Luke classed as having the shortest time in the Rumble before Santino, even though Warlord had shorter in 1989?
    Couldn't find a gif of Warlord for the Pool thread when posting. :)

• Advertisement

Must raid dealz for the owl munchies

Worse now with Takeover on the night before as you have to have stuff for that too lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just wondering, why was Bushwhacker Luke classed as having the shortest time in the Rumble before Santino, even though Warlord had shorter in 1989?
    Couldn't find a gif of Warlord for the Pool thread when posting. :)

I don't know. Didn't warlord get in and then stand outside the ropes and get knocked off to the floor in that rumble ? I might be wrong but there is an image of warlord with his hands in the air. Luke got in one side and was ****ed out the other wasn't he ?

Of course when I go looking for it, I'm proven wrong and it is recognised

I was sure they kept referring to Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

PTH2009 wrote: »
    surly they wont go with Orton to win it again

have heard they were looking at
    Orton vs Styles at mania

Hopefully not!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Alright so do a few of those German Suplex, Ill come back with a sling blade and then we finish...

But seriously, booked off monday so no hanging for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Could Finns match run fowl of outside interference?. If there's going to be a an overbooked clusrerfcuk, than its that match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Must raid dealz for the owl munchies

Worse now with Takeover on the night before as you have to have stuff for that too lol

Thats my dilemma , ill prob get a pizza but ive to decide if i will get it for RR or Takeover although that also goes for booze too ha. Im lucky that i dont start my new job till tuesday :D

I think we're going to have at least 1 surprise winner for either Rumble match. To me, Charlotte/Becky winning the rumble is too obvious. I reckon Alex could win and through a possible superstars shakeup/storyline shenanigans could go on to a mania program v Asuka while the other 2 would go on to face Ronda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Every Rumble's winner's pose...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ajl7ii/every_royal_rumble_winners_winning_pose/

The sign point has been a thing for 11 years, except for HHH who broke tradition.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Every Rumble's winner's pose...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ajl7ii/every_royal_rumble_winners_winning_pose/

The sign point has been a thing for 11 years, except for HHH who broke tradition.

Can't beat when the last 4 are in the ring and they all look at the sign

God damn it, I've realized I probably do need to do some work on Monday :( One of those days I could push back, but really can't justify pushing the work back for the Rumble, you know. Sigh.

Anyway, I love these videos every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was thinking about taking Monday off or “working from home” but I don’t think I can justify it. Too much to do. I might try and watch it anyway but I’ll probably fall asleep. If I do I’ll avoid the internet and watch it Monday evening.

ive cancelled a date, lunch with some friends and doing anything of note on Sunday cos it' Rumble day

On another note, Last year's winner (Nakamura) is now going to be on the pre-show.. is there any hope of him salvaged and being the top star he should be?

TimesArrow wrote: »
    ive cancelled a date, lunch with some friends and doing anything of note on Sunday cos it' Rumble day

On another note, Last year's winner (Nakamura) is now going to be on the pre-show.. is there any hope of him salvaged and being the top star he should be?

Don't see why he should be. Even Orton would be embarrassed to phone it in to the extent that Nakamura has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Couple weeks of proper booking can fix anyone worth saving

Look at Balor over the last few weeks, or Becky last year at any stage until she started winning a few matches before Summerslam

Asuka as well what was she at around and before Survivor Series, square root of nothing really but will probably be SD champion heading into Wrestlemania

• Advertisement

Couple weeks of proper booking can fix anyone worth saving

Look at Balor over the last few weeks, or Becky last year at any stage until she started winning a few matches before Summerslam

Asuka as well what was she at around and before Survivor Series, square root of nothing really but will probably be SD champion heading into Wrestlemania

Bryan too. I really thought they wouldn't be able to recapture the magic with him after that awful Cass feud and lukewarm Miz rivalry but his new character is fantastic...

https://streamable.com/2wpfp

Amazing.

A member of the new day needs ti go up against bryan at mania everything hes ranting on is them

Gone dark on spoilers from now

Weekend begins tonight with Takeover

Love this time of year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

J. Marston wrote: »

Militant Vegan makes for an epic heel!!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think WWE will miss a trick by not putting Becky in the men's rumble.

Saw someone note on Reddit, and it's true....

We have a Rumble this year for the first time in five years where they should have no real worries about a "revolt" from the fans. Bryan is a fully fledged heel, and Roman obviously isn't a factor. Plus we know Truth is number 30. There really shouldn't be a fear of the crowd turning on this.

Lord TSC wrote:
    We have a Rumble this year for the first time in five years where they should have no real worries about a "revolt" from the fans. Bryan is a fully fledged heel, and Roman obviously isn't a factor. Plus we know Truth is number 30. There really shouldn't be a fear of the crowd turning on this.

Unless Becky loses to Asuka..... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Unless Becky loses to Asuka..... :pac:

Or Nia Jax wins the womens rumble!

tbh Becky could lose (be it through being screwed or not) and then enter the rumble.

Nia clears the ring and Becky comes in

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Saw someone note on Reddit, and it's true....

Do you think that’s why they added the #30 prize to the mixed match thing? So we know ahead of time and fans won’t moan? I’d be surprised if both Carmella/truth both enter at 30 as planned. Surely there will be some surprises in store late on

Advertisement