Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imprint

Options
  • 11-10-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Looking for advice on self-publishing. Finally planning on realising a book on kindle if all goes well and just wondering do I need to Register an imprint name for Ireland and if so how do I go about it or is register a company name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Indigo Ink

You don't need an imprint name in order to self-publish through Amazon and many self-publishers don't use one. When you're filling in the book details on Amazon, you can simply leave the publisher box on the ebook content page blank. Under Product details on your book's page, instead of a publisher it will list Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC.

If, on the other hand, you want to use an imprint name, it gets a little unclear. It's hard to find Ireland-specific advice. Information I've found suggests registering it as a business name may be the way to go. However, imprint names also seemed to be linked to ISBNs. Again, you don't need your own ISBNs to publish on Amazon but you might need them to publish under an imprint name.

Advertisement