Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Public Service Broadcasting
    Academy, Dublin
    Weds 24 Jan, €28

Highly recommended, cracking live show

Will it sell out? I'm dying to see them but I'd prefer to wait until next month for my ticket if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They are playing the picnic. That may subdue early take up of tickets. When the crowd see them they will sell out im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yeah... I'd guess not but I'd hate to be the one saying that if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Yeah... I'd guess not but I'd hate to be the one saying that if I'm wrong!

I'll live with the hatred of my peers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭dasdog

Public Service Broadcasting
    Academy, Dublin
    Weds 24 Jan, €28

Highly recommended, cracking live show

Yep, nice little venue too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

P!nk is rumoured to be announcing tour dates shortly after the release of her new album. Hopefully that'll include at least one Irish date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Personally, I feel that the 3Arena is a poorly planned arena. When being renovated in 2007-2008, its design should have been changed to that of a traditional arena. Yes, the 'intimacy' of the venue is a positive, but it defeats the purpose of the arena, which includes to attract huge music names.

In recent years, the country has missed out on many arena shows by huge names due to the limited space of the 3Arena. Many acts bypassed the arena including Katy Perry (2014 and 2018), Lady Gaga (2017) and Madonna (2015/2016), as the 'cone shape' of the arena is not deep enough to accommodate ambitious stages. Frequently, acts have to reduce or modify their setup to fit into the arena, including Ariana Grande (2017) and Lady Gaga (2014), altering the show and often removing entire parts. While some may say that this is just me complaining as a pop fan, I'm sure there are countless examples of other acts who have been limited by the size of the venue.

To provide for both intimate acts and huge productions, I believe we need a smaller venue in a similar vein to the 3Arena and a larger one designed like the O2, the MEN Arena and other worldwide stadiums.

That list of acts not playing here is hardly a bad thing to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any rumours of a Foo Fighters date happening here In 2018 ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »

Would love to see them indoors again since they havent done an arena show here since 2005 (which was my first time to see them)

A bit quite on the 2018 gig front at the min but hopefully rumours of shows happening will start emerging just before Xmas or earlier

Had an amazing year of gigs this year so doubting 2018 will top that. I'd love too see Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Metallica (playing Ireland) and Bon Jovi in 2018. Id consider Garth Brooks if he played here and it would depend on the ticket price if U2 played a few gigs here again same with a few other bands e.g. Guns N Roses

• Advertisement

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2017newsaug127.html

'Joe suggests the 2018 Hysteria tour will start in the Spring and The tour is set to feature the In The Round staging for the first time since April 1993 and the full 'Hysteria' album played in sequence. And will include a home town show at Sheffield Arena'

Hopefully we can see 3arena and SSE arena shows and hopefully they bring along top class support bands like they always do. Stage setup may be a problem for the 3arena but it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Noely G will almost certainly play here next year. New album due out in November.

Noely G will almost certainly play here next year. New album due out in November.

Could see him either doing an outdoor show in Kilmainham/Malahide or maybe headline Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Epica playing Ireland for the first time ever on April 10th 2018 in Dublin :)

Tickets: €28.50+fees

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Looks like the second coming of Garth Brooks is getting closer per below article, let's hope those cowboy hats were kept in storage after the last debacle :). Also see Taylor Swift has sent the net into meltdown with a new album coming in November so potential tour dates for her in 2018, did two dates in 3arena as part of her last world tour in 2015.

http://extra.ie/entertainment/entertainment-news/garth-brooks-make-return-ireland-shortly-says-concert-chief

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Looks like the second coming of Garth Brooks is getting closer per below article, let's hope those cowboy hats were kept in storage after the last debacle :). Also see Taylor Swift has sent the net into meltdown with a new album coming in November so potential tour dates for her in 2018, did two dates in 3arena as part of her last world tour in 2015.

http://extra.ie/entertainment/entertainment-news/garth-brooks-make-return-ireland-shortly-says-concert-chief

Sum load of garbage In that article but I hope he returns and we can all finally bury that 2014 farce

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Sum load of garbage In that article but I hope he returns and we can all finally bury that 2014 farce

So many dashed rumours since 2014, Aiken was on Radio 1 with Tubridy last Friday morning and they were pretty much his comments per the podcast but who knows at this stage!!

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    So many dashed rumours since 2014, Aiken was on Radio 1 with Tubridy last Friday morning and they were pretty much his comments per the podcast but who knows at this stage!!

Garth would be mad not to come here. We have all moved on and the people involved have learnt from there mistakes. He is getting great gig reviews in the US and will deff sell out the gigs over here. His US legs are finished this year so makes sense 2018 will see overseas shows. Guess we have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

My people say this will happen. Possibly a summer outdoor show in late May

s8n wrote: »
    My people say this will happen. Possibly a summer outdoor show in late May

christ not a Slane again

Aviva, RDS or any other stadium gig would be ok with me

• Advertisement

Would they put them in Slane again so soon after the last time? As good and all as the gig was

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

julyjane wrote: »
    Would they put them in Slane again so soon after the last time? As good and all as the gig was
    Definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Could see him either doing an outdoor show in Kilmainham/Malahide or maybe headline Longitude

I wonder would he headline Groove? Went to see Primal Scream there last Saturday. If you get the weather, it's particularly glorious out in Wicklow. Maybe Noel is too big for something like that, but it's no smaller than a Marquee gig.

Barring that, I hope he plays a stand alone outdoor gig.

21034256_10155542851354223_5503966171529024892_n.jpg?oh=05957c0147a7ed72b139f93e8787743d&oe=5A245F9F

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

QotSA doing open air shows next summer. Hopefully that'll include Ireland, s Malahide/Marlay gig be grand

The Script have announced 2 dates in the 3 arena on the 9th and 10th of February

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Anvil announced to play The Academy, Dublin on 14th February, same date and venue as Alien Ant Farm it seems (reckon Anvil will be in Green Room).

foo fighters playing in Austraila and New Zealand in Jan/Feb 2018 hopefully a euro tour will follow with an irish date

Love too see them in the 3arena or aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

I've flagged up a Jeff Tweedy solo gig on 30 January in Vicar St in a separate thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Peter Gabriel & Sting may bring the Rock Paper scissors tour to Europe next year.

Advertisement