Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginnerish/Intermediate Kite Surfing Holiday/Camp

Options
  • 20-05-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a little bit of kite surfing experience from time spent working abroad a while back and have always had designs on getting back into it again. Im due to change jobs next month and have a week or so to play around with and nobody free for a holiday so i was thinking it might be the ideal opportunity to head somewhere warm a do a week long kitesurfing course/package on my todd.

There is obviously a proliferation of places of various degrees of price and quality popping up. but my ideal list would be:

- Some where with decent weather, warmish water )
    - Good school, english speaking, good reputation
    - Nor too far from an airport, relatively short flight
    - 5 days to a week course that would suit a little better than a beginner but not that confident.
    - Not too expensive, ideally less than a grand for a full package including flight and accom. (maybe Im way off the mark with this tho?)

Any experiences people might have or recommendation of a message board I could check out would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

D
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

ddubs wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have a little bit of kite surfing experience from time spent working abroad a while back and have always had designs on getting back into it again. Im due to change jobs next month and have a week or so to play around with and nobody free for a holiday so i was thinking it might be the ideal opportunity to head somewhere warm a do a week long kitesurfing course/package on my todd.

There is obviously a proliferation of places of various degrees of price and quality popping up. but my ideal list would be:

- Some where with decent weather, warmish water )
    - Good school, english speaking, good reputation
    - Nor too far from an airport, relatively short flight
    - 5 days to a week course that would suit a little better than a beginner but not that confident.
    - Not too expensive, ideally less than a grand for a full package including flight and accom. (maybe Im way off the mark with this tho?)

Any experiences people might have or recommendation of a message board I could check out would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

D
    :)

Head down to Battle for the Bay in Dollymount Beach and you will find hundreds of people to talk to in person about their own personal experiences.

Kiting Buddies on Facebook and the Discussion Gorum on IKSA.ie would be the best boards to try out for answers.

If I was you I would probably head to Tarifa, but your budget isn't great tbh. Tantrum Kitesurf do good all round packages for as cheap as I have seen. Morocco also great.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Hi guys,

Looking to go abroad to learn to kitesurf (I've had a few hours of lessons just with the kite, no board).
    Did you end up going away OP?
    If so, where, cost, experience, recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

Hi guys,

Looking to go abroad to learn to kitesurf (I've had a few hours of lessons just with the kite, no board).
    Did you end up going away OP?
    If so, where, cost, experience, recommendations?
    Ucpa action outdoors. France. Cheap

Advertisement