Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anybody home at the online enquiry office?

• 18-01-2019 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Waiting for a reply since 4/1/19 now which was a any news enquiry to my original enquiry of the 27/12/18?

Are other people experiencing delays in answers?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is this through revenue.ie? I find them very quick in replying to questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Waiting for a reply since 4/1/19 now which was a any news enquiry to my original enquiry of the 27/12/18?

There are significant delays at the moment with PAYE related queries. It's traditionally one of the busiest times of the year for PAYE and PMOD has exacerbated delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Just to give a timeline. I sent a myenquiry to them on 29 November and they replied on 2 January. It appears at time if there is a back and forward it goes to end of que sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I submitted an enquiry dec 17th and have not received a reply. Also one last year that was never replied to, i phoned them after waiting 2 months on that occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

All correspondence is dealt with in date order.

If your MyEnquiry was replied to and you respond to that message it will go into the backlog.

There is no one answering online queries in real time. Customer Service staff are under enormous amounts of pressure to deal with phones, refunds, myenquiries and all the other tasks assigned to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

Can't get through to paye phone number. They must be under serious pressure re the new system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

Waiting a long time as well. My wife is getting emergency taxed because they aren't showing her credits on line. When we go to request them, it says phone the office and reference "Rule 9". Does anyone know what rule 9 would mean? I've tried phoning but it's a 25-30 minute wait. Hopefully we'll get a response to the email soon.

CPTM wrote: »
    Waiting a long time as well. My wife is getting emergency taxed because they aren't showing her credits on line. When we go to request them, it says phone the office and reference "Rule 9". Does anyone know what rule 9 would mean? I've tried phoning but it's a 25-30 minute wait. Hopefully we'll get a response to the email soon.

Did you get married recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Did you get married recently?

I'm irish and my non Irish wife just moved with me to ireland and began work.. Does that help? She has a Pps number and everything, registered her company for tax credits, but then we got that message.. we were recently married (abroad)..

CPTM wrote: »
    I'm irish and my non Irish wife just moved with me to ireland and began work.. Does that help? She has a Pps number and everything, registered her company for tax credits, but then we got that message.. we were recently married (abroad)..

That may be the reason. I cant remember Rule 9 but it may be due to a change in marital status.

I wouldnt normally advise ringing but in this case you need to speak to a person. Phone lines are open from 9.30 til 4. They dont close for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Is there still a long delay on enquiries?

I had to send in a report from my employer to balance out my p21 as my employer failed to declare that my gross salary included illness benefit which had been paid directly to them - so it's showing as my total gross plus an additional income in illness benefit/hence underpaid tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

FGR wrote: »
    Is there still a long delay on enquiries?

I had to send in a report from my employer to balance out my p21 as my employer failed to declare that my gross salary included illness benefit which had been paid directly to them - so it's showing as my total gross plus an additional income in illness benefit/hence underpaid tax.

Still large delays. They are getting better but it will still be a while. It's hopefully a one off due to the change over to the new PAYE system and the structural realignment of the bulk of the Revenue organisation.

Advertisement