Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azealia Banks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I know but there's teenage angst and then there's seething unhinged venom. She just seems like a total scumbag.

She was like 21 for that song - I'd say she doesn't even understand half of what she's on about.

Slightly puzzled by your surprise at her lyrics; I mean she is a rapper, it's all about cultivating a gritty and "street" image..

And I don't know about you, but if someone didn't know what cunnilingus was at the age of 21 I'd regard them as being pretty sheltered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Was she the chung wan on fresh prince?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I'd love to see a standoff between Azealia and a howiya. The howiya would win hands down.

No - this fine Irishwoman would though

OdLLinC.jpg

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Was she the chung wan on fresh prince?

Nah that was Tatyana Ali who played the character of Ashley Banks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

She had to get a boat over here, that's what pop stars do ya know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Boats are grim. Might make her pull in her horns next time. I'm just surprised she bothered to come over at all. She's usually pretty good at cancelling gigs when it suits her.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Here's an interview with her that shows a few of her different sides

She breaks down crying a number of times because....because....there is no actual reason.
    She just looks for controversy and to cause offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

She’s one or two pegs above your average ratchety auld ghetto bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Slightly puzzled by your surprise at her lyrics; I mean she is a rapper, it's all about cultivating a gritty and "street" image..

And I don't know about you, but if someone didn't know what cunnilingus was at the age of 21 I'd regard them as being pretty sheltered.
    Ah I'm hardly talking about her knowledge of what cunnilingus is - that's one element of a track that has tons of other stuff going on in its lyrics.

I'm referring to the violent street gangsta talk - even by her own admission she had a privileged upbringing. And I'm referring to the crazed anger in those lyrics, like the crazed anger being referred to on this thread. Demented ramblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Psycho scummer acts like psycho scummer. In other news, water is wet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Ah I'm hardly talking about her knowledge of what cunnilingus is - that's one element of a track that has tons of other stuff going on in its lyrics.

I'm referring to the violent street gangsta talk - even by her own admission she had a privileged upbringing. And I'm referring to the crazed anger in those lyrics, like the crazed anger being referred to on this thread. Demented ramblings.

That's sort of the whole point of rap music, no? Biggie was privately educated like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Who da fuq is Flat Tummey Tea???

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

VeryTerry wrote: »
    That's sort of the whole point of rap music, no? Biggie was privately educated like.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'd say she doesn't even understand half of what she's on about.

Of course she understands. We all do....

She's ready to dance when the vamp's up and when she hits that dip get your camera, she's been that bitch since the pamper, the bitch who wants to compete and freak a fit that pump with the peep, you know what a bitch becomes when her weave in, she just wants to sip that punch with her peeps and eat lunch if they're treating.

The following bit is not as clear cut perhaps, but reading between the lines it seems to be something of an anecdote about a guy who wants to lick her plums in the evening and put their tongue deep into them. Okay, her friend likes doing weird stuff to fruit, bit odd to tell us in a song, but clear all the same tbf to her. She then tells her friend 'You know what’s up or don’t you? I’m a rude bitch nigga, what are you made up of? I’mma eat your food up boo. This just means she had an argument with the friend who was eating the plums and is now threatening to eat them herself, which is hardly surprising considering what they'd been doing to them.

Meh fair enough, though in the grand scheme of rap it doesn't stand out to me as being particularly aggressive/venomous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont think she seems angry in her songs- just gratuitous and loud and sometimes obnoxious but along with a catchy beat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A racist calling others ugly when she ain't even an average looker herself... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Azealia is loving all this attention and is delighted she made the front page of some newspapers. She's calling herself the Queen of Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So how was the gig? Nothing uploaded on YouTube yet.

You'd think with so many damn phones recording these days there'd have been something. Hopefully of someone giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Seems she didn't take to the Academy crowd anyway......

"I’ve had enough of y’all oompa-loompa looking, spray-tanned, crazy-looking b****es tonight. The girls have scurvy, they’re vitamin deficient, need some calcium tablets."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

So how was the gig? Nothing uploaded on YouTube yet.

You'd think with so many damn phones recording these days there'd have been something. Hopefully of someone giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Seems she didn't take to the Academy crowd anyway......

I think her calling Irish women oompa loompas/vitamin deficient etc was in response to all the hate mail she was getting on Instagram from people before the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Boom_Bap wrote: »

'We get bigger crowds to see Crystal Swing' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Ah lads, I was gonna comment on this thread yesterday but thought it better not to, let it die down. Here I am though, being part of the problem.

Why is something Azealia fcucking Banks said being given any sort of credence? Her music career fell down the swanny a good while ago now and since then she has more or less taken to becoming the US answer to Katie Hopkins.

Are we really that sensitive? She's a clown, a horrible person for a whole multitude of reasons and should absolutely not be taken seriously. Let it roll off your back.

It's a kinda similar thing with the Louise O'Neill thread (granted O'Neill is not nearly as bad as Banks) ; how that thread is as long as it is absolutely astounds me, and half the posts in that thread seem to echo that sentiment. These are ridiculous people, with very warped outlooks on life. Just move on with your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The oompa loompas with scurvy comment was pretty funny in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Should someone like this not be arrested for inciting racist hatred?

Racism is a one way street. I've never come across news of a black person done for racism.
    If I called her a black wagon to her face I'd be arrested on the spot, yet if she called me a white bollix it'd be ignored by my favourite tabloid. :confused:
    I'd love to kidnap her and send her to the Aran islands for the rest of the winter. That'd put manners on her.
    I may have a face like a chicken's arse but a beautiful Irish woman married me and I'll be grateful for the rest of my life, that's if I live that long. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

She's a sap but that timeline she posted of Elon Musk and Grimes trying to have a three way with her was pretty funny.

"I’ve had enough of y’all oompa-loompa looking, spray-tanned, crazy-looking b****es tonight. The girls have scurvy, they’re vitamin deficient, need some calcium tablets."

At least i've never had to chew the arm off the next morning to escape, you'd have to with this like :

IIWdKnN.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

She's a complete nutjob. She's more famous for picking fights with people, and accusing them of being racist, than she is for her music.

Yet she is probably upheld by CNN as a progressive great role model for young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Aer lingus stewardess are pretty bad though. Caked in makeup to hide the middle age.

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    Aer lingus stewardess are pretty bad though. Caked in makeup to hide the middle age.

back in the 60's when leisure aviation had it's heyday ........

Advertisement