Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arc Swiss - fluid head - Arca Swiss

Options
  • 16-01-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a fluid head for my existing tripod, preferably one that will just mount to the Arca Swiss ball head on my existing tripod...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Preferably in the cost effective range... Answers on the back of a postcard

The feedback has been incredible. I'm blown away by all the advice...

In the end I chose a Benro S2, with a supernifty 501-Acra Swiss plate. just in case anyone else looks up the same problem in the future.

It looks like this is a common issue, with not so many resolutions... Arca Swiss may be the (closest to) standard in Photography, but Manfrotto have been mucking around in video. Gimbals such as the Ronin S & Moza Air 2 also suffer from this... So The ProMediaGear plate seems like a great solution.

471040.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i guess all the arca swiss fluid head experts must be away on holidays.

i guess all the arca swiss fluid head experts must be away on holidays.
    They must all be away at the same convention... probably discussing 501 - Arca Swiss standardisation...

Advertisement