Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Splitting interest in property

• 22-01-2019 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before, couldn't find anything about it. May be slightly complicated and I will be seeing a solicitor but trying to get a rough idea now for tax implications.

A couple (A and B, not married) are taking out a joint mortgage to purchase a house. The house is currently owned by the parents of B, and it's being sold for below market value. Ignoring any tax issues, is there some kind of legal document which can be drawn up before completion to state that parents are gifting B x amount of an interest in the property.

Example if property is worth €500k, and being sold to the couple at €400k. Is it possible to say that the €100k difference is a gift to B only and that when the mortgage is paid off, B will own €300k and A will own €200k? In other words A is not technically benefiting from the gift from the parents to B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Wow.

I believe a contract on ownership CAN be drawn up, but I would be incredibly offended if I was A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

this is blatant tax and legal advice

I charge for this in real life so unlikely to get it for free on an internet forum

Speak to a solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Talk to your solicitor. Forum rules out legal advice. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement