Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing a Vape into Dubai

• 19-01-2019 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hard to find anything concrete on this, it seems they are illegal to buy and sell there, but the law on usage is vague. Its also unclear whether you are allowed to bring one with you when you travel. Anyone have any experience of this? I am entering the UAE not transiting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

This page Dubai airport is well-known for confiscating e-cigarettes and vape kits.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Inquitus wrote: »
    ... it seems they are illegal to buy and sell there, but the law on usage is vague.

I wouldn't be splitting hairs along those lines for a country like the UAE.

There is a huge ex-pat population over there and if they forbid the sale of a product, it's completely delusional to think that you can get around the ban by carrying the product into the country in personal luggage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Another reason for vapers to avoid the hell that is Dubai so. That's great.

A plastic pastiche country bans vaping. Ha ha.

Do they allow alcohol and tobacco in their duty free on departure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

It's the same rule in most of the Middle East. I can't speak for Dubai but if you keep the vape in your pocket you won't be searched leaving the airport. Getting it back out again is a different story as you will have to go through full security.
    Do they allow alcohol and tobacco in their duty free on departure?

They do. Everybody smokes and there's lots of places to drink.

The problem with vape products is that they have no idea how to tax it yet. Go in to any bar in Dubai, Jordan and Lebanon and there are lots of people vaping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

VeryTerry wrote: »
    It's the same rule in most of the Middle East. I can't speak for Dubai but if you keep the vape in your pocket you won't be searched leaving the airport. Getting it back out again is a different story as you will have to go through full security.

They do. Everybody smokes and there's lots of places to drink.

The problem with vape products is that they have no idea how to tax it yet. Go in to any bar in Dubai, Jordan and Lebanon and there are lots of people vaping.

Vaping is so much better for everyone than smoking. No smells for starters.

So it is a tax thing. I doubt Dubai needs much in that regard right now. But sure what do I know.

I don't think it is taxed here (apart from VAT maybe). Cannot see the big problem myself.

But then again Dubai is not on my list of Go To places either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

I don't think it is taxed here (apart from VAT maybe). Cannot see the big problem myself.

But then again Dubai is not on my list of Go To places either.

It's a big world out there. I wouldn't let vaping stop you from seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just to clarify on this, although Vape's are illegal to buy and sell in Dubai, my colleagues there told me that the Airport turn a blind eye if you are just carrying one for personal use, and many of them have brought their Vapes successfully in and out of the country on multiple occasions, in fact none of them has ever had one confiscated. I will be taking mine with me next time.

Advertisement