Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new seiko monster "white walker"

• 18-01-2019 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭

or so some people are trying to nickname it. my missus thinks my first gen orange monster is woeful, absolutely hates the look of it (aw sure what does she know anyway!). but when i showed her a photo of the new watch earlier she thought it looked deadly (maybe she knows a bit?). even one of the offspring thought it looked cool, and they hate everything i like!

what do you guys think?

https://i.ibb.co/4TTBDbb/61x-Gzhrmy-GL-UL1200.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,712 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

White Walker

Best nickname ever :D

game-of-thrones-white-walker-sixth-scale-figure-deluxe-threezero-feature-903440.jpg

61x-Gzhrmy-GL-UL1200.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm more a dark/weird dial guy myself, but I have to say I do really like that E. Then again Seiko can generally do no wrong for me, so there's that too. :) I mean they've pushed the design boat out on those hands alone more than the entire Swiss industry has done for decades.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I love it anyway, is it available for sale yet?

Looks similar but in black -
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Seiko-Black-Monster-SKX779K-Wrist-Watch-for-Men/70309305?iid=143091036524

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

funkyouup wrote: »
    I love it anyway, is it available for sale yet?

Looks similar but in black -
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Seiko-Black-Monster-SKX779K-Wrist-Watch-for-Men/70309305?iid=143091036524

That's a mark 1. It also came in orange, my wife's fave colour as I mentioned earlier. The new one is not due till February possibly, also a nice new starburst orange. HDMI is the guy to advise on movements. Too complicated for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

My only nit-pick is that the greeny/white of the lume clashes against the white dial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Always found the monster very underwhelming and didn't live up to it's name. Originally I thought monster was in reference to it's size but it wears smaller than an SKX007, the name references it's teeth like indices.

This special edition is going to be around $600 which is something I couldn't justify for a change in dial colour and a different movement. It will have the 6R15 movement and will be model number SBDC073 white dial and SBDC075 orange dial.

As usual all things monster these will sell out rapidly and hit the secondary market not long after for 800-1000 and even more on eBay. Get your orders in early with your JDM stockist if you fancy making a few quid.

https://www.ana-digi.com/seiko-monster-jdm-sbdc073-sbdc075/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Speaking of JDM stockists, are their any that come recommended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

i only paid about 130 dollars for my first gen monster from long island watches. prices are gone mad lads.

emo72 wrote: »
    i only paid about 130 dollars for my first gen monster from long island watches. prices are gone mad lads.
    Yep, was gonna say this.

I was a fan of the Monsters when they were like $160 new or thereabouts on Creation or various other stores. Bought a few over the years, still have a second gen. Those prices were as recent as 3-4 years ago iirc.

They're too much now for what they are. Seems to be the way Seiko is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

As others above i had a 1st gen which I bought pre owned. I think it actually did the rounds on here if I recall.

I'm not mad on them but certainly not at today's money. So many better looking Seiko's. Always felt like a cheap metal kids watch IMO.
    Something you would pay €20 quid for in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

It reminds me of the early 00’s Tag F1s and I wonder will it age as badly as those have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Time wrote: »
    It reminds me of the early 00’s Tag F1s and I wonder will it age as badly as those have

Eh?
    Which ones do you mean? Pics please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Eh?
    Which ones do you mean? Pics please.

If you look at pictures of the wac1111 model, it had for what was at the time a very stylized bezel that has aged horrendously. This seiko reminds me of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If you look at pictures of the wac1111 model, it had for what was at the time a very stylized bezel that has aged horrendously. This seiko reminds me of that

Yep I'll back you on that, horrible looking things that still sell 2nd hand for silly money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Ok, see what you mean.
    I have a Formula 1 Chrono from that period but it is a more classic style bezel and Carbon dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

funkyouup wrote: »
    Speaking of JDM stockists, are their any that come recommended?

Also be interested to hear peoples experience with JDM stockists

Advertisement