Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Matchday thread

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

69(-4) sees some ground gained but having Aguero instead of Sane today was a killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

63 gives a predicted drop of 4K :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

manual_man wrote:
    92(-12). Result

98 (-24) Finally fixed my team after 22 crap weeks

And you beat me in the battle of the -12 v -24 in fsa league 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

kilburn wrote: »

-24, jayyysus. fair play for making that work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

98 (-24)

Surely worth a WC?

Surely worth a WC?

Evidently not, he beat me by 2pts fresh from my own WC!

Surely worth a WC?

Wildcarded already had bench fodder Kamara and had Guaita Son TAA so was struggling to field 11 so rolled the dice.

Strong team now for remainder if season 64 inc captain from my midfield

Wildcarded already had bench fodder Kamara and had Guaita Son TAA so was struggling to field 11 so rolled the dice.

Strong team now for remainder if season 64 inc captain from my midfield

You Wildcarded already? Your WC team only lasted 1/2 gameweeks?

Totally wrecked my team with my wildcard it was a rush to finish it in the end and made poor decisions kept Ricky and bought Barnes happy now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Benimar wrote: »
    63 gives a predicted drop of 4K :(

That's the difference between us. My 63 gives me a predicted rise of 500k!
    Up to 1.7M now after 2 good weeks on the trot rising 1.5M places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Haha yes. Fair play. Another Sane goal and i think you would have pipped me!!!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You Wildcarded already? Your WC team only lasted 1/2 gameweeks?

I think that the only guarantee in this game is that at one point or another we'll make bad decisions.... It's how we react that is crucial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

74 - deserved better tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

79, happy with the wildcard, only slight regret was going Eriksen over Sane, but still more than happy.
    Ffix has me rising 900 places, hopefully it’s right as it would bring me just inside the top 1000 O.R. ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

92 hewt.
    Wildcard worked out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

86(-8)...haven't been this HEWT in a while.

Should be up to ~35K overall and have put 15-20 points into most of my main rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Last week my defence of Digne, Luiz and TAA scored me 26 points, this week they got -1! It's a funny old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

79, happy with the wildcard, only slight regret was going Eriksen over Sane, but still more than happy.
    Ffix has me rising 900 places, hopefully it’s right as it would bring me just inside the top 1000 O.R. ��

1050 O.R. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

78 (-4) brings me up to 880k
    My highest OR since GW6 :o

• Advertisement

On the way up nevertheless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

80 all out.
    Salahless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Finished on 75 and up about 50k places to 183k. Best gameweek rank since GW12.

Up 36k places to 82k. Solid progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How many points you got? Trying to gauge how tight it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

6k rise to 48k

Also got a rise after my first WC
    Traditionally I have gor a red arrow the first week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

The FF Gods are shining down on me!

GW15 I was ranked 666k, today I am down to 95k!!! Roll on Gameweek 24!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How many points you got? Trying to gauge how tight it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So 20 points is 300k places

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

78 (-4), back inside the top 20k after slipping out for a few weeks due to selling Mo before the bournemouth game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

82 point GW. 441 OR.

Christ.

Still waiting for it to implode.

Wouldn't be there without the thoughts and info from this place. Not only that, I've probably been stealing a fair bit of your luck so far too, so thank you.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    82 point GW. 441 OR.

Christ.

Still waiting for it to implode.

Wouldn't be there without the thoughts and info from this place. Not only that, I've probably been stealing a fair bit of your luck so far too, so thank you.

Man just keep enjoying the ride. What's your squad now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dropped 5k places with 63 what the f*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

88 thanks to wildcard. Defence only got 6 of that total!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

77 (-4) brings me up to 19k.

I have a fortune in the bank, so next moves are likely Wilson to Aubamayeng and Fraser to whatever premium midfielder I want with the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

83 brings me up 70k places to 125k. Best Gw of the season for me. Nice to get an initial boost from the wildcard. It should happen that you rise in the rankings but sometimes you can pick an unfortunate gw to wildcard in.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

81 (with a contribution of 1 from 4 man defence!) on wc brings me up to 6.5k...tad dizzy.

Monster scores here, fair play! Lesson learned for next season: If I'm going to join a pay league again, don't join a Boards one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

85 points on WC very happy with the score dispite none of my 5 starting defensive options keeping a cleanie. 11k OR up from 21k. Stops a run of some bad GWs.

manual_man wrote: »
    Man just keep enjoying the ride. What's your squad now?

I did Ricky ----> Mané already. Rage transfer of the eejit on Saturday evening.

Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte AWB Digne Bennett
    Salah Sané Mané Pogba Deulofeu
    Rashford Wilson Jimenez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

84 after wildcard. I screwed up last week making transfers too early, first time I've ever done that and in the end it meant take a -12 or wildcard. Seeing as my bench was also a mess I decided to pull the trigger. Glad I did though. Nice jump to 94k, can't remember the last time I was in the top 100k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

62 points. Dropped about 8k. Hovering around the 170k mark overall for almost 10 gameweeks now :\ No city and spurs coverage is not working out well.

62 points. Dropped about 8k. Hovering around the 170k mark overall for almost 10 gameweeks now :\ No city and spurs coverage is not working out well.

just unfortunate RE: City coverage.

people understandably got frustrated around the Palace loss, as there were 3 games or so when Sterling and Sane did very little after people rushed to get them (particularly Sterling), and many sacrificed Salah.

from what I can tell, it's been one of the biggest swings this season - between the people who kept Salah, and those who sold before that game to fund Sterling. Salah went on a crazy run of consistent scores, whereas City faltered FPL-wise.

it's such a fine line sometimes between success and failure. luck has a decent amount to do with it. you can have all the logic in the world for your decisions, but it can just go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

This game has blessings in disguise. I was ruing the Kane injury but him going down allowed me to get Aguero and Salah in for Kane and Eriksen. Scored 77 points with Salah (c). Up to 4,282 OR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

wong wrote: »
    This game has blessings in disguise. I was ruing the Kane injury but him going down allowed me to get Aguero and Salah in for Kane and Eriksen. Scored 77 points with Salah (c). Up to 4,282 OR.

No wong decisions made by you this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

87(-4) jumps me from 61k to 38k last 2 week's have been my best gw ranks of the year after sitting at 96k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

SlickRic wrote: »
    just unfortunate RE: City coverage.

people understandably got frustrated around the Palace loss, as there were 3 games or so when Sterling and Sane did very little after people rushed to get them (particularly Sterling), and many sacrificed Salah.

from what I can tell, it's been one of the biggest swings this season - between the people who kept Salah, and those who sold before that game to fund Sterling. Salah went on a crazy run of consistent scores, whereas City faltered FPL-wise.

it's such a fine line sometimes between success and failure. luck has a decent amount to do with it. you can have all the logic in the world for your decisions, but it can just go wrong.
    Yes Indeed. Was 6k when I took out Salah for Haz and to afford Sane before Mo’s crazy run. Made sense to me at the time but I’ve lost about 60 odd points by doing it and I’ve just WC’d before last Gw to get him in after some bad weeks. At 11k now, a great score but who knows where I’d be if I kept faith with him as I had him all season up until that point. Mistakes are a name of the game though.

Advertisement