Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewave wireless Internal Battery Pack

Options
  • 16-01-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi everyone,

Just put a new 9.6v battery into my mums Quantum 70 securewave wireless control panel but im still getting the message "Internal Battery pack needs replacing"

Ive taken out the battery again, switched off the power at the mains to reset it, and left it unpowered for 10 minutes before resetting it again and the message still comes up whenever you disarm the alarm.

I then thought maybe the new battery was low and the message would go after beiing recharged overnight in the panel but its still there.

Does it need to be reset in the engineer settings (havent the code as the guy who installed it has retired)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes.
    It needs to be reset in engineer mode

Service>Engineer Tools>Battery Menu>Replace Battery Pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 alanwexford

Thanks Koolkid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi everyone,

Just put a new 9.6v battery into my mums Quantum 70 securewave wireless control panel but im still getting the message "Internal Battery pack needs replacing"

Ive taken out the battery again, switched off the power at the mains to reset it, and left it unpowered for 10 minutes before resetting it again and the message still comes up whenever you disarm the alarm.

I then thought maybe the new battery was low and the message would go after beiing recharged overnight in the panel but its still there.

Does it need to be reset in the engineer settings (havent the code as the guy who installed it has retired)

If the panel is not engineer locked you could try default the codes only.
    Down power, mains and battery, remove factory link, power up on battery, and you will be given the option to default all, scroll to user codes and press yes.
    This will return codes to default, 1111 user, 4567 engineer.
    If its engineer locked it will tell you.

Advertisement