Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from Aritech CS350

Options
  • 19-01-2019 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, I recently bought a house which has an Aritech CS350, ive been told it hasn't worked for some time and is switched off. I'm looking to get a new system put in, I was looking at the HKC but I'm a bit put off with the monthly fees etc, is there a better system? I just want to be able to receive texts if alarm goes off (an app too if possible).
    With the HKC system could I just put my own sim in it for text alerts or would I be bound to HKC?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Text is a bit of a dated technology these days that requires you managing a SIM and top ups etc.
    Most systems out there have free offerings on apps .
    Siemens Vanderbilt
    GSD
    Risco
    Etc.

Shop around & get a few quotes. Good installers would be familiar with all systems & options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, I recently bought a house which has an Aritech CS350, ive been told it hasn't worked for some time and is switched off. I'm looking to get a new system put in, I was looking at the HKC but I'm a bit put off with the monthly fees etc, is there a better system? I just want to be able to receive texts if alarm goes off (an app too if possible).
    With the HKC system could I just put my own sim in it for text alerts or would I be bound to HKC?

You can use a GSM Q which uses your own sim card to control and get alarm activation's from the alarm system.

Advertisement