Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connecting TP link NC450 wifi camera to virgin wi free

Options
  • 15-01-2019 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just doing some experimenting at home with a TP link NC450 wifi camera, I have it connected to the house virgin media wifi but I was trying to connect it to virgin media wi free without much luck. just wondering is it possible or am I wasting my time. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mick111112 wrote: »
    Just doing some experimenting at home with a TP link NC450 wifi camera, I have it connected to the house virgin media wifi but I was trying to connect it to virgin media wi free without much luck. just wondering is it possible or am I wasting my time. Thanks.

I suspect that they limit what you can run on the wi free service, as you are basically using someone else's broadband. Also I think the speed is very limited, just 2mb/s or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mick111112

Thanks for that information, I might abandon that plan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Horizon wifree uses different authentication than your normal WiFi connection. Most likely the camera does not support it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

AFAIK you cannot connect to your own wi-free.

Advertisement