Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

MadYaker wrote: »
    Massive screen tear and lag, seemingly caused by constant packet loss and my ping spiking from about 40 up to like 500 every few seconds. It’s not my internet

Well it's not the game either cause I play it every night with a fairly constant ping of 25 to 30 bar when first in the plane . Have the ping running in the top corner and it barely fluctuates .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

But every other online game I play runs flawlessly? Arma 3, GTAV online, Fortnite etc. It's only PUBG that has this problem and you guys might not be having these issues but from reading online im definitely not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

On top of Speedfan getting disabled when I start up PUBG, I`v just noticed that it`s also disabling my graphics card software, my graphics card was at 92c after a game, is this the anti-cheat yolk???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

lewis wrote: »
    On top of Speedfan getting disabled when I start up PUBG, I`v just noticed that it`s also disabling my graphics card software, my graphics card was at 92c after a game, is this the anti-cheat yolk???

Which software?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

A week of no hackers. The game was so much fun, this morning its riddled with mini d1ck compensators again.

Its so obvious to tell, when hacks are no in the game its a slower game, you can surprise people and when you shoot them with a silenced weapon they don't know where its coming from.

Now today everyone is staring at you and charging half way accross the map to you even though you sit in a room and didn't do anything for them to know your there.
    Last one just there I had to take a call so stood in a corner. Watched the replay and could see after the person killed the 3 people nearer him then he went about 1km and beelined for me straight into the second floor of a building and into a back room to kill me. Its so retarded.

• Advertisement

I had one guy during the week throw down smokes, then sit in the middle of the smoke and lock into people's names, auto spraying them from 100m+ away. Watched him do the same to a few people in the replay editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I had one guy during the week throw down smokes, then sit in the middle of the smoke and lock into people's names, auto spraying them from 100m+ away. Watched him do the same to a few people in the replay editor.
    The game gets completely ruined by this. I'm hoping full keyboard support goes to xbox. I will then just move over to that or start playing pve games instead.

I'm sad that this game basically killed off the arma 3 mod, I enjoyed that a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MadYaker wrote: »
    But every other online game I play runs flawlessly? Arma 3, GTAV online, Fortnite etc. It's only PUBG that has this problem and you guys might not be having these issues but from reading online im definitely not the only one.

ARMA3 & GTAV are 2013 releases, Fortnite is super optimized.

Of course those 3 will run better than PUBG :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Plus Epic own the unreal engine which Pubg used.
    If Epic couldn't optimise Fortnite there'd be something really wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fortnite is a much smaller game with less detail too

There's been a small update or two and since I can't get a refund I have no choice but to hold on to the game in the hope that eventually they'll optimize it properly. It is a bit better than it was but I'm still getting the odd big ping spikes and the game still isn't really playable, better than it was a few weeks ago though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Which software?

Gigabyte software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

475943.JPG

Quite possibly the first game to support the Irish language?!

In some ways, it's impressive, but in a lot of ways, I think they could be spending their time on far more important features...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Buateoir Buateoir Dinéar Chicín

Looks ****ing great!

Update #30 is now live on the Test Servers and is BIG!

New Vehicle: BRDM-2

“Players feeling froggy for a fight will now have the chance to call down an armor plated amphibious assault BRDM-2 by using the Flare Gun!”

brdm.jpg

- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.

- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to
    navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.

Characteristics
    - BRDM-2’s total HP is 2500 and its health is twice as much as UAZ, while its
    gigantic, sturdy wheels cannot be damaged.
    - Powerful bulletproof vehicle that can reduce incoming damage such as
    ammunition based assaults as well as grenades and red zone damage.
    - BRDM-2 is an amphibious vehicle that can continue to ground travel on water,
    but players can’t shoot while on board.
    - It has a capacity of up to four players on board, and Its top water speed is
    22km/h and top speed on the road is 102km/h when boosted.

New Weapon: Deagle

“Bang Bang Pow? That’s the sound of two shots from a Deagle breaking a level 3 helmet.”

degl.jpg

- The Deagle is a handgun that deals the strongest pistol damage with great
    muzzle velocity and will be spawned on all maps.
    - Deagle can deal 62 damage per shot and take both red-dot and holographic
    sights, various magazines and a laser sight that improves hip fire accuracy.
    - With greater than average pistol damage and muzzle velocity comes harder
    to control recoil.
    -Deagle has a single firemode type that uses .45 ACP ammo and the standard
    magazine fits 7 rounds. (It can be extended to 10 with an extended magazine)

Gameplay

Ledge Grab

“Find new ways to fight, jump, grab, get up, and go with our new Ledge Grab feature!”

LedgeGrab_watermark-2.jpg

Features

- Ledge grab allows you to take new paths by climbing up the edge of roofs, fences, and obstacles up to 2.5 meters high, and jump from building to building or container to container.
    - Now that players can move to places they weren’t able to reach before, we look forward to seeing gameplay with new strategies climbing to places your opponent won’t be able to anticipate.

Improved Gas Can
    “We like the cans. The cans that go boom!”

Jerrycan_watermark-2.jpg

Features

- Added strategic elements to the Gas Can, an item that used to be seen to have few advantages to loot.
    - As soon as Gas Can explodes, it will deal damage to all players in a radius around it’s location.
    - When the Gas Can is blown up, it deals damage in a radius around it, dealing more damage to those close by
    - Keep in mind that you can hurt both yourself and your teammates if you stand to close to the explosion, so be careful!

Radio Message

“You can’t talk over a chicken dinner if you don’t communicate in a match. Radio Messages will keep you coordinated with every teammate, no matter the region or mic situation. “

Playing with players from different regions in random Duo or Squad matches or players with no access to voice chat have made it difficult to establish team-based strategy through close communication between team members. To help solve this problem, we are introducing text-based Radio Messages that will help you communicate with your team more quickly and easily for successful strategic gameplay.

Hold the mouse wheel or F3 to open the Radio Message Wheel UI.
    - There are 8 types of messages provided–selected messages will be displayed on the left screen and immediately shown to your teammates.
    - Ping and Enemy Spotted, in particular, can be used in various circumstances. - You can use them more quickly with separate key bindings.
    - Ping: Click the mouse wheel or press F3
    - Enemy Spotted: Double click the mouse wheel or double press F3

Pings has various interactions.
    - Select Ping near a certain item, and you can share the name and location of the pinged item with your teammates.
    - You can also use Ping on Care Packages or death crates to share their location.
    - Ping the direction you want to move toward to share the direction with your teammates.
    - All these features above automatically place a marker on the map and will be useful to utilize together with the Tactical Map Marker.

Enemy Spotted allows you to quickly share the location of an enemy you’ve spotted.
    - Use Enemy Spotted at the enemy’s location to mark it on the map and share it with your teammates.
    - Messages vary by distance:
    - Near Range: less than 50M
    - Medium Range: less than 200M
    - Long Range: 200M or more
    - Example: ENEMY SPOTTED! Long Range 300′
    - Ping and Enemy Spotted send messages to teammates within 500M.

Need Ammo works dynamically, with the message reflecting the ammo type of the weapon you are holding.
    - Example: If you select Need Ammo while holding an M416, the message sent to your teammates will be “I NEED 5.56mm.”

- You can mute Radio Messages from teammates individually in the Team Management menu.
    image2019-6-4_17-11-54.png

Kill distance has been added to center-screen kill messages.
    image2019-6-17_13-53-8.png

- The distance between you and the enemy you killed will be displayed alongside the standard kill message in the middle of the screen.
    - Kill distance will only be shown you kill enemies from over 100 m away.
    - This will appear only when you kill the enemy by yourself.
    DBNO kill messages remain the same and won’t show kill distance.

https://www.pubg.com/2019/06/19/update-30-patch-notes/

Can't wait for ledge grab to hit the live servers.

My squad have the existing ping button bound to our fire keys so that when we shoot the rest of the squad know which direction we are shooting. I hope the new ping system does not prevent this.

5.4GB update now live on main server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Anybody finding any FPS drops after the latest patch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anima wrote:
    Anybody finding any FPS drops after the latest patch?

Yea massively on erangel. We're talking a drop of 60 frames suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is the ledge grabbing stuff out in the latest patch? Or was it only being teased recently? in which case it will take them a year i suspect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It's in but it's pretty basic. Close to useless except in very particular situations.

Getting a lot more crashes to desktop the last few days/week. I don't think anything has changed in my setup. Has anybody else been having similar problems? My usual squad mates have not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Getting a lot more crashes to desktop the last few days/week. I don't think anything has changed in my setup. Has anybody else been having similar problems? My usual squad mates have not.

Play with a couple of lads most nights , no issues on our end .

Thanks. That's what I feared. Something must have changed/updated my end that's causing me trouble.

It's going to be a nightmare to find!

Thanks. That's what I feared. Something must have changed/updated my end that's causing me trouble.

It's going to be a nightmare to find!

Myself and some friends have been getting crashes recently. You're not alone.

Thanks partyjungle. I'm going to try manually stopping a few processes before I start next time to see if that makes a difference. I also have a minor GPU overclock dialled in that has never caused me problems to date but I might bring it back to stock to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Pretty fcukin brutal past 2 days

• Advertisement

Try this fix for crashes and see how you get on. Windows caching too much memory causes a lot of crashes in PUBG. Install this program from the makers of DDU that will auto clear your cache regularly. I never have a single crash whilst this is running. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

Advertisement