Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyne Hill House Estate Reviews?

• 31-07-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

We are looking at the Boyne Hill House Estate as a possible wedding venue for 2015. I notice on boards that there are some threads from when the house first opened but these are a few years old now. I was wondering if anyone has had more recent experience with the venue for a wedding, either as the bride and groom or guests, any information appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the_bag

Hi, I was at a wedding there last year and it was great. Lovely food, great staff, nice surroundings. Bar is a little small for dancing when the band played but other than that very minor quibble it was a great wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I was at Boyne Hill House in April 2014 for my cousin's wedding. It was a great venue, I really couldn't find fault with the place. The food was lovely and the staff are so, so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Triman111

Hi there, thank you for your post. Also thinking of Boyne Hill for 2015. Shamaoner can you please pm me and we can exchange ideas. Also, anyone who has had their wedding there, please pm me with ideas. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clynch8282

Hi Shamoaner,

I had my wedding there last month and I have to say I was delighted with Boyne Hill. I had two days up there as we had a BBQ / games day on the second day and the whole weekend was brilliant.

The staff there are really helpful and friendly and I found them all really easy to deal with.

If you have any particular questions about it feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shamoaner

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the information, it was a close one but in the end we decided to go with another venue. I hope the replies here will help some other couples.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

This venue looks amazing! The only thing I'm worried about is a few bad reviews online, but I suppose you get that anywhere. Any other feedback about the venue would be great? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Not a fan of the dining room and I felt it was grubby in many areas when we went to view it.
    That said, they definately had something different to many venues, and I can see it's attraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Thanks for the feedback. I love the look of it from the website but have to go out and see it. I think we are down to either Boyne, or Kippure estate. A lot of the other places I looked into had very limited accommodation, and even though we are having a small wedding (80 people) i would love everyone to be together! I loved beaufield mews but the lack of accommodation put me off because I think it could feel quite disjointed ? Great to get feedback from people here thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Thanks for the feedback. I love the look of it from the website but have to go out and see it. I think we are down to either Boyne, or Kippure estate. A lot of the other places I looked into had very limited accommodation, and even though we are having a small wedding (80 people) i would love everyone to be together! I loved beaufield mews but the lack of accommodation put me off because I think it could feel quite disjointed ? Great to get feedback from people here thanks!

Make sure you go to see all your potential venues... and go back for more than one viewing!
    Try and see it from your point of view (and bride and groom) and also as one of your guests.
    You'd be surprised the thing you pick up on a return visit, whether it good or bad.
    Remember that if the venue itself has small accomodation, you may find a really nice hotel very nearby you could have guests also. It may be worth considering if the venue is ideal and if you don't mind everyone not staying in the one location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ais_ling87

Hi - just wondering if anyone had a recent wedding in the Boyne Hill house.
    We are going to view the open day this Saturday (June 2015) so I will leave an update about it but I would love to hear if anyone has had a wedding there this year/recently as there is not many reviews anywhere.

My main concern is the food and also moving the guests downstairs...also it seems a shame to have a nice Georgian house just sitting there and no guests get to experience any of it - did the venue allow the drinks reception in the main house?
    Also someone mentioned on here that some of the rooms had to share a bathroom - is this still the case because the venue stated all the rooms have en-suite but come to think of it she may have worded it like all the accommodation (meaning each "chalet" or stable house...starting to doubt what I may have heard...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

ais_ling87 wrote: »
    Hi - just wondering if anyone had a recent wedding in the Boyne Hill house.
    We are going to view the open day this Saturday (June 2015) so I will leave an update about it but I would love to hear if anyone has had a wedding there this year/recently as there is not many reviews anywhere.

My main concern is the food and also moving the guests downstairs...also it seems a shame to have a nice Georgian house just sitting there and no guests get to experience any of it - did the venue allow the drinks reception in the main house?
    Also someone mentioned on here that some of the rooms had to share a bathroom - is this still the case because the venue stated all the rooms have en-suite but come to think of it she may have worded it like all the accommodation (meaning each "chalet" or stable house...starting to doubt what I may have heard...)

The l shaped room put me off. Accommodation for guests is not great. Walls are paper thin. The staff go above and beyond and the house and outside is gorgeous. Could suit some perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The shape of the room put us off too. Place is lovely though but that was the deal breaker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Does anyone have any live prices. Places that dont put up a price reallly really annoy me and it almost seems like they will try scam ya for what they can get

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emma09

shamoaner wrote: »
    Hi there,

We are looking at the Boyne Hill House Estate as a possible wedding venue for 2015. I notice on boards that there are some threads from when the house first opened but these are a few years old now. I was wondering if anyone has had more recent experience with the venue for a wedding, either as the bride and groom or guests, any information appreciated.

Thanks

Hi my sister is looking at boyne hill for her wedding next year but is finding it hard to find reviews regarding the food and the size of the dance floor..did you end up going for it and if so what did you think?
    Thanks emma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I was at a wedding there, the dance floor was very small, but I liked that, it didn't feel like everyone was sitting there looking at you.

I wasn't a fan of the service, I know one of the wedding party had dietary issues and were excellently catered for but they were very bad with other guests. There were other incidents too with the dinner service too, I thought three for one person for one meal was a bit much.

The dining room was snug

If it wasn't for the service I'd say it was a good venue, but obviously view it yourself to see if it's big enough!

The wedding I attended was 110 people

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

For what its worth I had my wedding there at the end of 2014. From my/our perspective we were very happy with how everything went. The staff were so attentive and the food was wonderful. I do however remember thinking at the time that the place would be quite crammed and hot with 100+ people. We had about 80 guests so for our size party I thought the space worked quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I had to sign up just to give my 2p on this venue. Whilst the place was lovely and the wedding coordinator very helpful when myself and my fianc visited a few months ago, we were really put off by the L shaped dining room. It was very unusual and felt a bit crowded with the set up they had there. The prices were a bit too steep for us too.
    Accessibility however was the MAJOR issue that made us look elsewhere. There is no lift to the dining room on the first floor and no facilities up there at all. As we would have at least one guest who uses a wheelchair when we asked how they would be catered for they told us that she would have to be carried up the stairs before the meal and carried back down after. And she'd just have to hold it if she needed to use the bathroom during the meal. (I'm paraphrasing here, these weren't the exact words used but just the impression we got). In this day and age that is completely unacceptable for a venue and really left a sour taste in our mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beecees

We are thinking of booking this venue. We love it but are worried but the standard of accommodation given price guests would pay? The dance floor size is a little small. Just wondering if anyone had a recent wedding and how they found it- in particular to the above and the food standard over two days? Really appreciate it. We expect 150 guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Keco

Personally I think 150 in that shaped function room wouldn't be ideal. I agree on the accommodation it is expensive for what it is. We looked at here but didn't go with it in the end. We were hoping for a max 100 guests though. It's a beautiful place and I loved the bar area. I wouldn't worry about the dance floor people can work around that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

We were of the same opinion as above. Went with Station House in Kilmessan in the end.
    BHH is fab I just think it's a bit higgildy piggildy.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

beecees wrote: »
    We are thinking of booking this venue. We love it but are worried but the standard of accommodation given price guests would pay? The dance floor size is a little small. Just wondering if anyone had a recent wedding and how they found it- in particular to the above and the food standard over two days? Really appreciate it. We expect 150 guests.

Not sure about the accommodation in the courtyard but the Manor House is fab. The dance floor is actually big enough for most crowds unless you plan on having everyone up dancing the whole night, which never happens. I've been at quite a few weddings there, including last weekend (150 guests) and while the function room is tight at that number, the food and service is always top notch.
    Don't forget the grounds though. They are just stunning, especially if you're having an outdoor ceremony and also, the whole venue is exclusive to you and your guests.
    Actually, we had our own sons wedding there last September and it was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Have they fixed the leaky roof over the area where the band and dj setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi everyone, great insights here into BHH. Just wondering if anyone else had recent experience? Very close to pulling the trigger for wedding this summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

Was at a wedding there in October and all was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers cyclocross!

Can I ask how many were at the wedding you attended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

About 70.

Advertisement