Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

engagement ring shopping

• 09-01-2014 12:45am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 26

Hi guys. Can anybody recommend a good jeweller for ring shopping. Somewhere in the Meath /Dublin area. Someone with a good selection and easy to deal with.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Voltaire Diamonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Check out http://www.stonechatjewellers.ie/ they have a really nice collection of some handmade pieces.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Another vote for Voltaire, really easy to deal with and no hard sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lazy girl

Hi Mapboy.
    We went with Bespoke Diamonds (www.bespokediamonds.ie) and met with diamond dealer Peter Fitzpatrick. He had a few hundred rings in his office to view and was lovely to deal with.
    I shopped around a good bit before we bought and found prices very impressive.
    If you don't like the whole personal touch, BlueNile are a good one too to deal with. My friend got one from them and she is happy with it - their site is good for info on diamonds if nothing else.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

mapboy wrote: »
    Hi guys. Can anybody recommend a good jeweller for ring shopping. Somewhere in the Meath /Dublin area. Someone with a good selection and easy to deal with.

I would highly recommend thomas gear, martin gear and Patrick Glynn they are all on the northside. Amazing value for money :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 perfectring

I'd recommend trying on a number of rings in a number of different jewellers. Write down the spec of each ring you like and its always good to take a photo of the ring on your hand.
    It can be hard to remember what ring came from what jeweller when you review your photos after a day window shopping.
    Once you know what you want, its a lot easier to go to a jeweller and communicate this to them.

• Company Representative Posts: 80 Verified rep Voltaire Diamonds: Seamus

Many thanks for mentioning Voltaire Diamonds on this thread.

Mapboy, we would be delighted to meet with you and show you collection of engagement rings.

Please visit our YouTube channel where you will see several hundred styles of rings we have sold recently:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoltaireDiamonds/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

I look forward to hearing from you.

Seamus

http://www.voltairediamonds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

We found John Brereton on O Connelll great to deal with, Got a very good deal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Another +1 on Voltaire. Great Company to deal with.

Got my fiance's engagement ring there recently and they will be first stop for the wedding rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 John Brereton Jewellers

Thank you for the mention on this thread. We at John Brereton Jewellers have a wide range of engagement rings across our three stores (Grafton Street, O Connell Street and Capel Street). Please take a look at our website for a sample of our selection, or feel free to drop into us and we would be more than happy to help you.

http://www.johnbreretonjewellers.ie/

Hope to see you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Uriel. wrote: »
    Another +1 on Voltaire. Great Company to deal with.

Got my fiance's engagement ring there recently and they will be first stop for the wedding rings.

Going back to look for our wedding bands on the 18th, can't wait! Still adore my E-ring 2 years on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: ianbooth, your post was deleted for violating our forum charter, which states:
    If you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either:

a MINIMUM of 20 posts
    OR be an active member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months

As this thread is quite old and I'm sure the OP no longer needs it, I'll lock it to save anyone from posting further replies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement