Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on purchasing CCTV System

Options
  • 11-01-2019 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on a CCTV system for home.

Can anyone give some advice on the following system? It's more that I wanted to spend but I'm hoping they are future proof as a result of being 4K

Swann CCTV System - 8 Channel 4K Ultra HD NVR with 8 x 4K Cameras & 2TB HDD

I was going to carry out the install myself as they are a POE system and look very much plug and play. I have set up a set before and managed to enable the IP element without much trouble.

Any other suggestions for a kit? Ideally, I do need 8 cameras with the way gables are on my home. The are a few hidden corners.

Can the NVR box process 8 feeds of 4K or do they need to downgrade some of the feeds to say 1080 or can the motion sensor determine which camera takes priority.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

I was told one time you need a PSA registered to install cctv. Open to clarification here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

I was told one time you need a PSA registered to install cctv. Open to clarification here.

You need to be PSA registered to install them for someone else for reward (ie pay), nothing stopping you installing your own cctv.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Similar question here. Have system with 4 NVR PoE CCTV but the system is some 4-5 years old (no-name) and has died as of lately. The wiring is in place (although the previous installer didn't do a good job as the cameras are mounted way to high) so any installation of a new system should be easy enough. We cave cat 5 in every room in the house and a switch (media cabinet) in the utility room-new house.
    I wouldnt be comfortable installing the kit myself so will get someone qualified to do the job. Curious on your opinion on this Hikvision kit? It's meant to be the DS-2CD2363G0-I cameras.

Also, for the nerds, can the like of Hikvision integrate with home alarm? We have a decent enough Risco set up and the app has an option for camera's.
    Living in Kildare so if anyone can recommend a reputable installer, please PM but would be good to hear what you think on that kit. Thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread re a Swan question.

Advertisement