Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to keep crows away?

Options
  • 07-01-2019 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi i have been feeding a few robins cheese for the past few months in my back garden but in the last few weeks ive noticed increaaing numbers of crows around who are stealing cheese i leave for robins.
    Is there any way to deter the crows and keep the robins around or is there next to nothing i can do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Very apt user name 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Hi i have been feeding a few robins cheese for the past few months in my back garden but in the last few weeks ive noticed increaaing numbers of crows around who are stealing cheese i leave for robins.
    Is there any way to deter the crows and keep the robins around or is there next to nothing i can do?
    Thanks

Use a cage or start to feed the robins closer to the house.I used to have a robin that would come into the house looking for his/her daily feed of cheese....the crows usually wont come too close to the house so put the cheese at the door or window cill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

upupup wrote: »
    Use a cage or start to feed the robins closer to the house.I used to have a robin that would come into the house looking for his/her daily feed of cheese....the crows usually wont come too close to the house so put the cheese at the door or window cill.

Thanks for reply. Yes i think a cage is in order as ive tried leaving cheese on step outside back door and crows still come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Thanks for reply. Yes i think a cage is in order as ive tried leaving cheese on step outside back door and crows still come.

I use a circular wire plant hanging basket cable tied to an appropriately sized round tray sold for going under plant pots. Works great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Another possible solution? Feed the crows. I always put out food for the rooks, jackdaws, magpies and hooded crows first thing - usually dry oats, scraps - they all come down and then move off afterwards - (they are quite shy and will just grab and go) then the smaller birds come in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement