Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rustic woodwork

Options
  • 28-08-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Anybody interested in learning . I have a lot of experience in all type's woodcrafts .Anybody who would like to Learn . It can be making greenwood furniture to making flowers . Not interested in money just want to pass the knowledge on . Or meeting up with like minded people .

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Where are you based, OP?

Also, have you considered teaching an evening class?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mucklow

New Home wrote: »
    Where are you based, OP?

Also, have you considered teaching an evening class?

Would love to do it ,not sure how you would go about it ,am based in Straffan in Kildare and also have a place in gorey co Wexford .Have done numerous courses over the years and now I have retired from the day job ,would love to give up some time to show people who might be interested in learning .
    The last course I done was chaincarving in the US ,now that was something .But would love to get in touch with any type of group that might like to learn a woodcraft
    Rustic stuff is fantastic the fact there is very little cost for materials.
    Flower making would be great for both men and women again no cost .
    Anyway cheers for now .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fina82

mucklow wrote: »
    Would love to do it ,not sure how you would go about it ,am based in Straffan in Kildare and also have a place in gorey co Wexford .Have done numerous courses over the years and now I have retired from the day job ,would love to give up some time to show people who might be interested in learning .
    The last course I done was chaincarving in the US ,now that was something .But would love to get in touch with any type of group that might like to learn a woodcraft
    Rustic stuff is fantastic the fact there is very little cost for materials.
    Flower making would be great for both men and women again no cost .
    Anyway cheers for now .

Hi, I am interested in learning your skills if you still interested in teaching them :)

Hi where are ou based , yeah no problem showing you the skills . Have you any experience in rustic type woodwork,not that you need any it can be learned very quickly .
    Cheers Mick

I am based in Kingscourt, unfortunately I dont have any experience but I have a huge interest in learning, I hope that is good enough 😊

• Advertisement

I'm away next week ,so when I come back we will try and organise something .
    What do you think you would be interested in ,chair making or flower making ,there is so much you can do in rustic type woodworking. And the material is right under our noses and free of charge .
    Between now and February is the time I collect my timber from the forest ,when the sap is down in the trees.
    It's a fantastic pastime when you get into it ,and in no time you can be making money at craft shows.
    Cheers for now Mick.

I'm away next week ,so when I come back we will try and organise something .
    What do you think you would be interested in ,chair making or flower making ,there is so much you can do in rustic type woodworking. And the material is right under our noses and free of charge .
    Between now and February is the time I collect my timber from the forest ,when the sap is down in the trees.
    It's a fantastic pastime when you get into it ,and in no time you can be making money at craft shows.
    Cheers for now Mick.

That would be great, thanks Mick. I am interested in doing small items like bird feeders or jewelry boxes but eventual I will like to repurpose broken furniture aswell. But what I will like the most is learn all the wood making tools, what they do and how to use them correctly. Thanks for replying to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5 boomer310

Keep me in the loop if you're organising a day... Paul

boomer310 wrote: »
    Keep me in the loop if you're organising a day... Paul

Where are you living Paul?.

Where are you living Paul?.
    Laois travel to Dublin regularly

• Advertisement

Laois travel to Dublin regularly

Have you any experience in rustic type wood crafts or are you a novice .What are you interested in doing or do know .
    Cheers Mick

Experienced woodworker...no experience of rustic woodworking or using green timber... Paul

Experienced woodworker...no experience of rustic woodworking or using green timber... Paul

Hi Paul ,what sort of stuff are you making ?. I got into rustic a few years ago ,It is so different .
    Do you have a workshop ,I work both with a men's shed and also from my workshop here in Kildare. It would be great do get a few people together to get rustic woodwork up and running ,to maybe to meet up and share Idea's or to learn a new form of woodwork .

Moving to laois...building workspace... currently not making...hope to be up and running in new year. .. weather permitting

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Isn't a better idea to start teaching via Youtube? I don't know what others' say but yes, I am surely ready to learn.

I could watch YouTube videos all day but it doesn't compare with having somebody explaining you things personally

Advertisement