Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering starting transitioning again

Options
  • 26-11-2018 2:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Couple of years ago I had started transitioning, M2F. I had no choice but to stop. It was a choice between that or treat my Psoriasis, which caused me considerable agony. I was on injections for the Psoriasis and this was a concern for Dr. O'Shea as there was no research or information on how my medication and hormones might react with each other.

Has anyone else stopped for health reasons, then restarted a couple of years later? I've had my diagnosis and referrals previously, but I'll need to be referred back to Loughlinstown, though I'd much prefer Galway if possible.

I want to start back again transitioning in the next 2-3 years again, as I'll be 36 at the latest and I don't want to wait too long.

I'm waiting as my wife and I want children. She knows I'm trans and is supportive of me transitioning if I want to. If I want to go through with it, she'd prefer I did it when the children are young so we'll have less to explain. Having 2 mothers would be enough for us until they can understand things better :P That and I don't want to go from short, fat, balding dude to potentially, short, fat, balding lady :P

Advertisement