Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Eagle Battle Hotspur Warlord comics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭jacknife

if you have a few hours to spare check this out https://britishcomics.wordpress.com/ all the comics are available from the very early days up to the last publications

you can also download them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

So cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

I bought a load of these online and I would love to share my passion about them. I have them all on my google account. I will be buying more soon. I was never rich enough to have a collection and follow stories.

The best stories ever were Charleys War and Johnny Red.
    They were full of information of how a nuclear submarine and telephone exchanges worked, cut aways from military machines.

A much simpler time without the curse of V-Bucks or whatever

I thought Charleys war was a WW2 one, I recal one stroyline where the guy was a climber or a runner,
    Johhny red I think that was hurricane pilot who got stuck with the Russians?
    I had a mixed collection of old comics and some of the commando books I bought at sales, not very PC but I think kids are missing out now, I liked 2000AD, rogue trooper, strontium dog and (ABC warriors, had to look that one up) but again a hodge podge of incomplete storylines as I did not get comics new or in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

1874 wrote: »
    I thought Charleys war was a WW2 one, I recal one stroyline where the guy was a climber or a runner,
    Johhny red I think that was hurricane pilot who got stuck with the Russians?
    I had a mixed collection of old comics and some of the commando books I bought at sales, not very PC but I think kids are missing out now, I liked 2000AD, rogue trooper, strontium dog and (ABC warriors, had to look that one up) but again a hodge podge of incomplete storylines as I did not get comics new or in order.

The Later Charleys War stories were set in WW2 but the classic ones are world war 1. Johnny Red was probably my favourite. I actually read (well looked at, too young to read ) a lot of the old Battle and 2000ad comics when I was really young as my older brother bought them

The action force/storm force thing was weird. It seemed like it chopped around a fair bit due to the commercial end of things. Poor old Baron Ironblood and his men got the bums rush fairly early on.

My personal favourites were the short lived but high impact Scream! and the UK edition of the Transformers comic which had some great long running arcs

You can pick up collections of Charleys War and other classic Biritsh comics here: https://treasuryofbritishcomics.com/catalogue

Advertisement