Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary teaching? Where do I start?

Options
  • 24-05-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I graduated college with an engineering degree a few years back. Been farming full time since. Was thinking of finally getting some use out of my qualification.

With an engineering degree am I qualified to teach maths, physics and applied maths?

How much does it cost to go back to college to get a teaching qualification and what is available.?

Is it possible to do this part time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

You may also be able to teach Engineering, Technology and Technical drawing.
    There is a course in UL to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

With an engineering degree am I qualified to teach maths, physics and applied maths?

Doubtful all three probably just maths

How much does it cost to go back to college to get a teaching qualification and what is available.? 25,000

Is it possible to do this part time?
    yes at hibernia

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

I know this thread has been inactive for a few weeks now but you can do a Masters of Education in most Universities in Ireland. As you would be going up a level on the national framework of qualifications, you may be eligible for a grant with SUSI which would be means tested.

Definitely an idea to see if you're eligible for a grant for at least some of the fees :)

Advertisement