Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wool blanket

Options
  • 10-04-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

might be a strange one guys but does anyone know where i can get a wool blanket one of those ex army ones thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

https://www.facebook.com/armysurpluspioneers/posts/1105490829469557

used these guys before for kit and had great service . they do delivery with parcel motel now better value than an post

• Registered Users Posts: 12 survivaljunki3

used these guys before for kit and had great service . they do delivery with parcel motel now better value than an post[/QUOTE]

thanks a mil man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Keep an eye on my favourite supplier - charity shops.

I don't use wool blankets as a rule as they are so much heavier and much harder to dry than their acrylic counterparts.

Good traditional wool blankets in a charity shop shouldn't cost you more than the effort of looking and €5. If you can blag a couple of ex Aer Lingus light weight acrylic blankets they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭The Reader

Cleaning Wool Blankets

Could anybody please guide me as to how I would get wool blankets cleaned before I donate them to charity/thrift shops. They have been in the attic in the house for ages and have developed a damp mouldy smell but otherwise in good nick..
    Thanks for attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The Reader wrote: »
    Cleaning Wool Blankets

Could anybody please guide me as to how I would get wool blankets cleaned before I donate them to charity/thrift shops. They have been in the attic in the house for ages and have developed a damp mouldy smell but otherwise in good nick..
    Thanks for attention.

tbh if they look clean I would just hang them on the line in this good weather and give them an airing.

There are a lot of people like me that are on the look out for blankets for dog bedding so no point going to too much effort.

The really good blankets I keep in a survival stash the rest are used for our dogs.

I've just asked my wife who does wash blankets and she says one blanket at a time, minimal detergent, coolest wash, even cold, but long wash if thats possible and lowest speed spin (800 on ours). She also adds zoflora disinfectant as it gives a slightly floral smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

The Reader wrote: »
    Cleaning Wool Blankets

Thanks for attention.

If they only smell and you own a bath.
    scoop washing powder into a cup and add boiling water.
    Fill the tub with hot/warm water.
    When the soap has broken down a little add to the tub and mix
    Put the blankets in and allow to soak for a while then agitate to hand wash.
    Change out the water and agitate well to remove the soap
    Drain and squash out the water and reshape if required before hanging out to dry

Or weigh the blanket and check the machines capacity and try the wool wash on your machine.

Advertisement