Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH (Britain's Biggest Warship)

Options
  • 20-04-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Don't forget episode two of three on Sunday night BBC 2 TV at 20:00.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

one thing learned from that programme

warships produce alot of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Brilliant series I cant get over the access given to the film crew when you consider she is on sea trials, they are showing everything including all the faults, the propeller issue was very interesting and the damage it could have caused if not resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Brilliant series I cant get over the access given to the film crew when you consider she is on sea trials, they are showing everything including all the faults, the propeller issue was very interesting and the damage it could have caused if not resolved.

I was thinking the same thing.

The person doing the filming/writing is Christopher Terrill who was embedded about 20 years ago for similar fly-on-the wall stuff with "HMS Brilliant - In a Ship's Company" which was also a BBC series. Obviously, the MOD trust him to do a proper job....

The first lieutenant on HMS Queen Elizabeth [Lt. Commander Hawkins] puzzled me was he looked familiar. It then occurred to me that he was actually in the HMS Brilliant series too - I think that he was the Principal Warfare Officer on HMS Brilliant. He must be the most experienced Lt. Cdr. in the RN at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just caught up on episode 2, mad that something as simple as a lobster pot or discarded net could bring such a ship to a stop. I suppose if they fitted protection around the propellors to protect against them it would result in a big reduction in speed.

Advertisement