Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Boxing Clubs Galway County/Athlone Area?

Options
  • 17-10-2019 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I'm looking to get into boxing, I'm from Galway county and I'm in college in Athlone.

I know there's Monivea and Ballinasloe, what are they like?

I'd ask in the Galway County forum but it's not very active and there's not a huge mention of gyms/boxing.

Am I better off just going to the nearest place to me or would it be worth travelling for a good club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Olympic Galway a well established club..

Facebook them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

walshb wrote: »
    Olympic Galway a well established club..

Facebook them..

Thanks, I've came across the name a bit on Google.

Is it worth it for me driving roughly an hour each way?
    Obviously that's subjective but I'd imagine just starting out somewhere that's a within a half an hours drive would make more sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭megadodge

Of the clubs you mentioned, Monivea have been consistently very competitive for years. Gus Farrell runs a tight ship there. They don't have that many boxers competing, but any they have are very good.

Advertisement