Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-04-2019, 18:03   #31
TRS30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnomart View Post
So difficult finding something not made in China these days !
Was referring to this

https://www.euronews.com/2019/04/27/...ended-in-china
TRS30 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2019, 18:08   #32
otnomart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post

Gosh, totally missed this one !


Just remembered when I went to Copenhagen I popped in the Lego shop, it was crazy expensive (like everything else in CPH) so did not buy anything.
otnomart is offline  
Thanks from:
01-05-2019, 00:24   #33
Posy
Warm and cosy
 
Posy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 22,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnomart View Post
Just remembered when I went to Copenhagen I popped in the Lego shop, it was crazy expensive (like everything else in CPH) so did not buy anything.
I had the same experience! That is one jaw-droppingly expensive city.
Posy is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-05-2019, 08:42   #34
TRS30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnomart View Post
Gosh, totally missed this one !


Just remembered when I went to Copenhagen I popped in the Lego shop, it was crazy expensive (like everything else in CPH) so did not buy anything.
Never been however was in Oslo a few years ago and it was pretty expensive.

Lego in general is very expensive. My Dad is big in the Technic Lego and pays big money for some of the large items. Anything themed, HP, Disney etc is also very expensive.
TRS30 is offline  
Thanks from:
09-05-2019, 05:54   #35
Jude13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,281
Does booking a rental car for my trip home at Christmas count?
Jude13 is offline  
(6) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-05-2019, 06:15   #36
otnomart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude13 View Post
Does booking a rental car for my trip home at Christmas count?
Sure: here, pretty everything can be claimed as a Christmas related expense
otnomart is offline  
(3) thanks from:
09-05-2019, 09:09   #37
TRS30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnomart View Post
Sure: here, pretty everything can be claimed as a Christmas related expense
I want to get new wooden floors in the playroom and front room. One my justifications to my wife last night was 'wouldn't the rooms look great for Christmas'
TRS30 is offline  
(4) thanks from:
09-05-2019, 10:20   #38
DvB
Registered User
 
DvB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,200
We're getting extensive works done to the ground floor in our house after we get back from holidays, new floors, new firepalce & new kitchen. On the basis this all needs to be done for christmas as we're hosting we're justifying this as a christmas project!
DvB is online now  
(2) thanks from:
09-05-2019, 12:40   #39
Posy
Warm and cosy
 
Posy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 22,440
I got wooden floors put down the year before last. Turns out the dog can't walk on them and they scratch really easily. I miss my carpet.
Posy is offline  
Advertisement
09-05-2019, 13:39   #40
TRS30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
We're getting extensive works done to the ground floor in our house after we get back from holidays, new floors, new firepalce & new kitchen. On the basis this all needs to be done for christmas as we're hosting we're justifying this as a christmas project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
I got wooden floors put down the year before last. Turns out the dog can't walk on them and they scratch really easily. I miss my carpet.
what kind of floors did you get or are thinking of getting? If you don't mind me asking. Am thinking of semi-solid natural oak at the minute.
TRS30 is offline  
09-05-2019, 13:59   #41
DvB
Registered User
 
DvB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
what kind of floors did you get or are thinking of getting? If you don't mind me asking. Am thinking of semi-solid natural oak at the minute.
We currently have a mixture of tiles in the kitchen area & solid oak flooring throughout the remainder of the ground floor including the hall (other than the hall & wc the remainder of the ground floor is completely open plan)

We're changing to solid or semi solid timber flooring throughout the ground floor, budget dependant as we're also looking to get new skirtings & architraves throughout as well.
DvB is online now  
Thanks from:
09-05-2019, 14:14   #42
TRS30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
We currently have a mixture of tiles in the kitchen area & solid oak flooring throughout the remainder of the ground floor including the hall (other than the hall & wc the remainder of the ground floor is completely open plan)

We're changing to solid or semi solid timber flooring throughout the ground floor, budget dependant as we're also looking to get new skirtings & architraves throughout as well.
Any reason for changing the oak flooring, if you don't mind me asking? whatever we put down I want to last a long time.
TRS30 is offline  
09-05-2019, 14:42   #43
DvB
Registered User
 
DvB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
Any reason for changing the oak flooring, if you don't mind me asking? whatever we put down I want to last a long time.
Installed it when I moved into the house 15 years ago and it has aged, aged well, but aged nonetheless. Its also gotten dmaged in places when we had work done before & had it patched when we had walls removed which despite being a good match are still not perfect.
As I said we're looking for the same floor finish throughout and fancy a different style to the one we currently have.

As a product its done a fantastic job & I'd recommend it though.
DvB is online now  
09-05-2019, 15:10   #44
TRS30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
Installed it when I moved into the house 15 years ago and it has aged, aged well, but aged nonetheless. Its also gotten dmaged in places when we had work done before & had it patched when we had walls removed which despite being a good match are still not perfect.
As I said we're looking for the same floor finish throughout and fancy a different style to the one we currently have.

As a product its done a fantastic job & I'd recommend it though.
Thanks. Am in the early looking stages so interested in getting personal experiences of different types, colours etc.
TRS30 is offline  
09-05-2019, 16:06   #45
CheerLouth
Registered User
 
CheerLouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
what kind of floors did you get or are thinking of getting? If you don't mind me asking. Am thinking of semi-solid natural oak at the minute.
Will I be eaten alive if I suggest laminate? We've got tiles in most of the house, but in the bedrooms and sitting room, we have a lovely oak laminate! Wears very well - especially with small children!
CheerLouth is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet