Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-04-2019, 18:03   #31
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by otnomart View Post
So difficult finding something not made in China these days !
Was referring to this

https://www.euronews.com/2019/04/27/...ended-in-china
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2019, 18:08   #32
otnomart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post

Gosh, totally missed this one !

Just remembered when I went to Copenhagen I popped in the Lego shop, it was crazy expensive (like everything else in CPH) so did not buy anything.
Thanks from:
01-05-2019, 00:24   #33
Posy
Warm and cosy

Quote:
Just remembered when I went to Copenhagen I popped in the Lego shop, it was crazy expensive (like everything else in CPH) so did not buy anything.
I had the same experience! That is one jaw-droppingly expensive city.
(2) thanks from:
01-05-2019, 08:42   #34
TRS30

Quote:
Gosh, totally missed this one !

Never been however was in Oslo a few years ago and it was pretty expensive.

Lego in general is very expensive. My Dad is big in the Technic Lego and pays big money for some of the large items. Anything themed, HP, Disney etc is also very expensive.
Thanks from:
09-05-2019, 05:54   #35
Jude13

Does booking a rental car for my trip home at Christmas count?
(6) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-05-2019, 06:15   #36
otnomart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude13 View Post
Does booking a rental car for my trip home at Christmas count?
Sure: here, pretty everything can be claimed as a Christmas related expense
(3) thanks from:
09-05-2019, 09:09   #37
TRS30

Quote:
Sure: here, pretty everything can be claimed as a Christmas related expense
I want to get new wooden floors in the playroom and front room. One my justifications to my wife last night was 'wouldn't the rooms look great for Christmas'
(4) thanks from:
09-05-2019, 10:20   #38
DvB

We're getting extensive works done to the ground floor in our house after we get back from holidays, new floors, new firepalce & new kitchen. On the basis this all needs to be done for christmas as we're hosting we're justifying this as a christmas project!
(2) thanks from:
09-05-2019, 12:40   #39
Posy
Warm and cosy

I got wooden floors put down the year before last. Turns out the dog can't walk on them and they scratch really easily. I miss my carpet.
Advertisement
09-05-2019, 13:39   #40
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
We're getting extensive works done to the ground floor in our house after we get back from holidays, new floors, new firepalce & new kitchen. On the basis this all needs to be done for christmas as we're hosting we're justifying this as a christmas project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
I got wooden floors put down the year before last. Turns out the dog can't walk on them and they scratch really easily. I miss my carpet.
what kind of floors did you get or are thinking of getting? If you don't mind me asking. Am thinking of semi-solid natural oak at the minute.
09-05-2019, 13:59   #41
DvB

Quote:
what kind of floors did you get or are thinking of getting? If you don't mind me asking. Am thinking of semi-solid natural oak at the minute.
We currently have a mixture of tiles in the kitchen area & solid oak flooring throughout the remainder of the ground floor including the hall (other than the hall & wc the remainder of the ground floor is completely open plan)

We're changing to solid or semi solid timber flooring throughout the ground floor, budget dependant as we're also looking to get new skirtings & architraves throughout as well.
Thanks from:
09-05-2019, 14:14   #42
TRS30

Quote:
We currently have a mixture of tiles in the kitchen area & solid oak flooring throughout the remainder of the ground floor including the hall (other than the hall & wc the remainder of the ground floor is completely open plan)

We're changing to solid or semi solid timber flooring throughout the ground floor, budget dependant as we're also looking to get new skirtings & architraves throughout as well.
Any reason for changing the oak flooring, if you don't mind me asking? whatever we put down I want to last a long time.
09-05-2019, 14:42   #43
DvB

Quote:
Any reason for changing the oak flooring, if you don't mind me asking? whatever we put down I want to last a long time.
Installed it when I moved into the house 15 years ago and it has aged, aged well, but aged nonetheless. Its also gotten dmaged in places when we had work done before & had it patched when we had walls removed which despite being a good match are still not perfect.
As I said we're looking for the same floor finish throughout and fancy a different style to the one we currently have.

As a product its done a fantastic job & I'd recommend it though.
09-05-2019, 15:10   #44
TRS30

Quote:
Installed it when I moved into the house 15 years ago and it has aged, aged well, but aged nonetheless. Its also gotten dmaged in places when we had work done before & had it patched when we had walls removed which despite being a good match are still not perfect.
As I said we're looking for the same floor finish throughout and fancy a different style to the one we currently have.

As a product its done a fantastic job & I'd recommend it though.
Thanks. Am in the early looking stages so interested in getting personal experiences of different types, colours etc.
09-05-2019, 16:06   #45
CheerLouth

Quote:
Will I be eaten alive if I suggest laminate? We've got tiles in most of the house, but in the bedrooms and sitting room, we have a lovely oak laminate! Wears very well - especially with small children!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion