Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrix Infinity PS2 not playing certain formats

Options
  • 30-06-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

While I did primarily get this PS2 in order to play imports. I decided to explore other 'features' that I thought I was able to do.

The first issue I had was burned games. I thought this was able to play games burned onto a DVD+R and I must've burned about 10 discs (I had them spare - they were never getting used otherwise) and I tried various burn speeds and I came across up to 2 issues - either I was getting a black screen, or I was getting the Red Screen of Death (no compatible disc inserted). It's not the biggest issue for me as I already said it plays imports as I expected. But still, would've been nice to have this option.

The second issue is it seems to be barely compatible with CD-based games. I recently tried legit copies of Dynasty Warriors 2 and Theme Park World (they're the only CD-based PS2 games I have, I think) and DW2 did boot, but it was rather temperamental;
    Sometimes it would take a long time loading a menu, and other times the music would skip and cut off. I checked the disc - it's immaculate. So I don't know what the issue is there. And Theme Park World just won't go past the "EA Games" splash screen. I tried it on my regular PS2 console and it booted perfectly fine, so it does work. It also causes the PS2 to spin the disc really fast and loud.

I'm hearing that CD-based games can be a pain in the arse but I never realized they were this problematic.

PS2 DVDs work fine
    PS1 games work fine
    Burned PS1 games work fine

Anyway, if anyone has any pointers I'm open to suggestions.

If there's nothing I can do then I'll just accept it.

Comments

Recheck your solder points, maybe? a ps2 modchip is a pain in the hole to install and theres a lot that can go wrong. If that doesnt work tweak the laser, it might be on the way out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

the speed that you burn the dvds has to be the slowest the drive will allow. also try different dvds from different companys.
    i remember having issue with one dvd manufacture.
    its been so long ago i cant remember the exact details but you get my point.
    also be aware the hard drive option doest play all music files correctly that why i tried both but stayed with dvds

Advertisement