Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

30-09-2012, 08:52   #1
deanhughes

Account wrongly suspended

So my account has been wrongly suspended as mentioned in the other thread I have 2 tshirst for sale both the same one kids size one adults size, sold the kids one buyer is claiming never arrived have supplied proof of postage via email and is now a paypal claim by the buyer,

My account has been suspended based on the fact I still had the other tshirt for sale suggesting that the ad was only placed the morning of my suspension but the fact is that this ad was placed way before the original ad,

not much more i can do besides proof of postage, I have many transactions on adverts some for alot more than 12 euro if i was out to scam someone it wouldnt be for such a measly amount
Advertisement
30-09-2012, 13:11   #2
BengaLover

support@adverts.ie
30-09-2012, 13:54   #3
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative

You sold an item to another member and it wasn't received. It was paid for by PayPal and you told her "you do realise you don't have any paypal protection on transactions like this" which is absolutely wrong. She does, and has started a PayPal dispute. I contacted you asking you to get in touch with her but that didn't happen and that certainly doesn't help your case. Then we had the other ad, which you claim is a separate item. Let's have a look at the photos from both ads.

This is the photo from the disputed ad...

This is the photo from the subsequent ad...

I got the email with a receipt from An Post. That proves you posted something but all it is, is a receipt for postage. It doesn't say to whom or where it was sent. You really need to contact the original buyer and then we can have a look at your account.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dhughesoriginal.jpg (19.4 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg deanhughes2.jpg (31.5 KB, 504 views)
30-09-2012, 14:26   #4
deanhughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverts.ie: Eddie View Post
You sold an item to another member and it wasn't received. It was paid for by PayPal and you told her "you do realise you don't have any paypal protection on transactions like this" which is absolutely wrong. She does, and has started a PayPal dispute. I contacted you asking you to get in touch with her but that didn't happen and that certainly doesn't help your case. Then we had the other ad, which you claim is a separate item. Let's have a look at the photos from both ads.

This is the photo from the disputed ad...

This is the photo from the subsequent ad...

I got the email with a receipt from An Post. That proves you posted something but all it is, is a receipt for postage. It doesn't say to whom or where it was sent. You really need to contact the original buyer and then we can have a look at your account.
As I said in original post I had one adult size one kid size, if you check the dates both were posted independently of each other months ago, can you please post the dates each item was posted for sale,

That message was posted to buyer after she became abusive and subsequently added to my ignore list

I'm hardly going to all this trouble for 12 euro, I would have offered a partial refund if it indeed got lost on the post if the buyer never reiceved if she hadn't of become abusive

I've provided proof of postage on the day I told her it was posted
30-09-2012, 18:04   #5
deanhughes

Also eddie if you read the pms I was advised to refund the buyer not contact her, I accsess my adds now that I have been suspended but yes the same picture was used but one was posted in the kids section the other in the ladies section, The add I sold was placed after the add which you are suggesting was placed when the item had been sold should be easy enough to check the dates
Advertisement
01-10-2012, 10:48   #6
Verified representative

Hi,

As said before. You need to talk to the person from the first ad.
01-10-2012, 12:22   #7
deanhughes

Quote:
Hi,

As said before. You need to talk to the person from the first ad.
There's nothing to talk about item was lost in the post now subject to paypal claim, she was pretty abusive calling me a nasty piece of work etc, not much else I can say or do
01-10-2012, 12:23   #8
deanhughes

Also Eddie as previously requested can you post the dates each item was posted for sale and the sections they were posted in to avoid any further confusion
02-10-2012, 18:10   #9
deanhughes

can someone please look in to this? not much more I can do without the help of a mod
Advertisement
02-10-2012, 18:54   #10
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhughes View Post
can someone please look in to this? not much more I can do without the help of a mod
Dean I'm 100% impartial here but I'm using this site years, a word of advice - refund the 12 euro cut your losses and move on. Adverts.ie is a free service if it costs you 12 euro but you have sold or bought more than 28 times I think it's worth your whole resolving this for access to the site.

Btw I couldn't have more praise for Eddie he is an extremely fair and honest guy who honestly seems to care bout the site, respect his view and do yourself a favour. One day you might be glad of his help if your on wrong end of a sale or buy situation.

It's 12 euro move on for alls sake
02-10-2012, 20:41   #11
deanhughes

buyer has been refunded can you now unsuspend my account?
03-10-2012, 12:53   #12
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhughes View Post
buyer has been refunded can you now unsuspend my account?
The buyer has told me that she hasn't received a refund, nor has she had any contact from you.
03-10-2012, 13:01   #13
deanhughes

I don't want to talk to her, she's rude and offencsive as I already pointed out, papal has taken the 12 euro from my account ill provide proof if you want, the way this is going probably still won't be good enough, can you Also post the dates the items were posted for sale and the sections, you were quick enough to post the pics to suggest I was scamming, I would kindly ask you post the evidence that clears my name

Last edited by deanhughes; 03-10-2012 at 13:03.
03-10-2012, 14:12   #14
Verified representative

PayPal may have taken €12 from your account but the buyer has been told the date for settlement is October 12th.

This could all have been sorted a lot easier and quicker if you contacted her and given your refusal to do so, I won't be lifting the suspension until she confirms the money is in her PayPal account. Talking with a cool head to people can work wonders sometimes rather than have a middle-man do it all.
(2) thanks from:
03-10-2012, 14:30   #15
deanhughes

Quote:
PayPal may have taken €12 from your account but the buyer has been told the date for settlement is October 12th.

This could all have been sorted a lot easier and quicker if you contacted her and given your refusal to do so, I won't be lifting the suspension until she confirms the money is in her PayPal account. Talking with a cool head to people can work wonders sometimes rather than have a middle-man do it all.
No ones asking you to talk to her for me, I'm the one who has lost out here yet she is being treated as the victim, why won't you post the info I've asked to clear my name??
Forum Closed